Join our Email Lists to stay informed, get involved, and take action. List Info
Positions Available: Internships [DOC]
Join CFJC Today! Your membership dues and donation of any size supports CFJC's efforts to build a healthy, local and just food system for all Californians.
- Powerful People, Good Food, Good Policy
A workshop in Spanish and English | Un taller en Español e Inglés
October 31, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wasco (Kern County) - FREE
Registration Required: email email@example.com or call (510) 704-0245
Learn more | English/Spanish flyer [PDF]
- CFJC Comments to the City Berkeley on their Climate Action Plan [PDF]
- Call for Local Food Systems be supported in state effort to reduce Green House Gas emissions and fight climate change: Read More
- Heart of the City Farmers' Market Resists City Take Over: Read More
Learn about our new campaign, Grow Local
- Grow Local combines community organizing and policy advocacy to rebuild local food systems that are just and environmentally and economically sound. Learn More
The California Food and Justice Coalition promotes the basic human right to healthy food while advancing social, agricultural, environmental and economic justice. Through advocacy, organizing and education, we collaborate with community-based efforts to create a sustainable food supply for the residents of California.
We envision a California food system in which all activities, from farm to table, are equitable, healthful, regenerative and community-driven.
- That access to healthy food is a basic human right and must not be compromised
- That communities are enriched by the cultivation and celebration of diverse food traditions and experience
- That the production, distribution, and preparation of food must be healthy and humane for all humans, animals
- That agricultural land and biological diversity must be protected for future generations
- That all food commerce must be just, democratic and economically fair
Join the California Food and Justice Coalition today!
Internships with CFJC
CFJC is always in need of interns to help with our campaigns, organizing events
and offer general support to coalition staff. If you are interested in interning
with CFJC please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include a letter stating your interests and experiences, a resume and a writing
sample. Also include information on your availability. Please note CFJC internships
are typically unpaid. Read the position description (Word format)
CFJC Steering Committee Members
- Shawn Harrison, Soil Born Farm - email@example.com
- Nancy Hughes, San Diego Urban Farms - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elle Igoe, IRC San Diego - Elle.Igoe@theirc.org
- Daniel Johnson, South Central Family Health Center - email@example.com
- Stephanie Johnson, African American Farmers of California - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rufina Juarez, South Central Farmers - email@example.com
- Navina Khanna, UC Cooperative Extension, Alameda County - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Lopez, Central California Regional Obesity Prevention Program - email@example.com
- Matthew Marsom, Cancer Prevention and Nutrition Section, CA Dept. of Health Services / CA Nutrition Network - MMarsom@phi.org
- David Roach, Mo' Better Foods - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shyaam Shabaka, EcoVillage Farm Learning Center - email@example.com
- Deborah Yashar, Agriculture & Land-Based Training Association (ALBA) - firstname.lastname@example.org
The CFJC accepts nominations for Steering Committee members on an ongoing basis.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else please contact us at email@example.com
CFJC E-mail Lists
General Announcement Listserve
Stay informed and Take Action! Join our public listserve to receive CFJC's monthly e-newsletter packed full of information about CFJC's work, up and coming food events, funding opportunities, jobs, relevant news items and policy updates. Through this list we also send out alerts to help you take action to support a sustainable, local and just food system. View the list archives.
To subscribe, send an email to
Make sure the account you send the mail from is the one you want subscribed to the list.
If you are on the list and would like to unsubscribe, send an email from the subscribed
email account to
For additional technical email list help, go to http://help.riseup.net/lists/.
Advocacy Committee Listserve
Get involved. Join our advocacy listserve. This higher-frequency listserve is for people who want to actively work with us to shape our advocacy campagigns. We host a strategizing conference call once a month. We request that individuals and organizations participating in the advocacy committee consider becoming members. Join CFJC Today. To subscribe to the list, enter your email below.