IV ClinicsQuestion about IV therapy

Drdavid

Re: Question about IV therapy

Post by Drdavid » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Fred,

I have been reading about this diet for some time and find it interesting and logical. Plus there seems to be some beneficial side effects that go along with this diet. Have you seen this type diet used in your country?

Fred

Post by Fred » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 am

David,

Yes but not in hospitals. Some people here that did the Mosley 5:2 diet are now looking at Valter Longo's periodic 5-7 day modified 200-750 kcal fasts. I've been doing them myself since 2015.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Have you noticed changes in blood work since you have been doing this? Small modifications can lead to large changes in physiology.
Fred

Post by Fred » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:46 am

Drdavid wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 pm
Have you noticed changes in blood work since you have been doing this? Small modifications can lead to large changes in physiology.
My TG lowered and HDL raised a bit. Nothing dramatic. I´m already on a near vegan diet (low methionine and high micronutrient/phytochemical content) with mainly carbs and fat for energy and no more than 60 g of protein daily (not to activate the pro-aging mTOR pathway), so blood work can´t improve much. But hopefully my inner organs are rejuvenated a bit after each fasting period.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:39 am

Fred wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:46 am
Drdavid wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 pm
My TG lowered and HDL raised a bit. Nothing dramatic. I´m already on a near vegan diet (low methionine and high micronutrient/phytochemical content) with mainly carbs and fat for energy and no more than 60 g of protein daily (not to activate the pro-aging mTOR pathway), so blood work can´t improve much. But hopefully my inner organs are rejuvenated a bit after each fasting period.
It doesnt sound like your blood work can get much better but it does sound like your are feeling fantastic and that is what matters. If people only understood the dramatic changes that can occur with diet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic