IV ClinicsQuestion about IV therapy

Drdavid

Re: Question about IV therapy

Post by Drdavid » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Fred,

I have been reading about this diet for some time and find it interesting and logical. Plus there seems to be some beneficial side effects that go along with this diet. Have you seen this type diet used in your country?

Fred

Post by Fred » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 am

David,

Yes but not in hospitals. Some people here that did the Mosley 5:2 diet are now looking at Valter Longo's periodic 5-7 day modified 200-750 kcal fasts. I've been doing them myself since 2015.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Have you noticed changes in blood work since you have been doing this? Small modifications can lead to large changes in physiology.
Fred

Post by Fred » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:46 am

Drdavid wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 pm
Have you noticed changes in blood work since you have been doing this? Small modifications can lead to large changes in physiology.
My TG lowered and HDL raised a bit. Nothing dramatic. I´m already on a near vegan diet (low methionine and high micronutrient/phytochemical content) with mainly carbs and fat for energy and no more than 60 g of protein daily (not to activate the pro-aging mTOR pathway), so blood work can´t improve much. But hopefully my inner organs are rejuvenated a bit after each fasting period.
Fred
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:39 am

Fred wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:46 am
Drdavid wrote:
My TG lowered and HDL raised a bit. Nothing dramatic. I´m already on a near vegan diet (low methionine and high micronutrient/phytochemical content) with mainly carbs and fat for energy and no more than 60 g of protein daily (not to activate the pro-aging mTOR pathway), so blood work can´t improve much. But hopefully my inner organs are rejuvenated a bit after each fasting period.
It doesnt sound like your blood work can get much better but it does sound like your are feeling fantastic and that is what matters. If people only understood the dramatic changes that can occur with diet.
ALIVEBYNATURE

Post by ALIVEBYNATURE » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:10 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:39 am
Fred wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:46 am
Drdavid wrote:
It doesnt sound like your blood work can get much better but it does sound like your are feeling fantastic and that is what matters. If people only understood the dramatic changes that can occur with diet.
If only doctors were taught in med school how much diet impacts health..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:03 am

Unfortunately time is the issue. This is one of the reasons that dieticians were brought in to the medical picture. Medical doctors realized that they did not know enough or anything about how diet influences health. People like Fred, provide patients with consistent, reliable, verifiable information that can change their health from the inside out. I consistently tell people that they need to develop a wellness care team. Each member provides a valuable set of knowledge to maintain and improve health.
Fred

Post by Fred » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:28 pm

Dr David, thank you for those very kind words. I share your view and the praise goes to the whole medical team, wherever you may practice, where the MD is the treating physician and we all try and do our best under that guidance and responsibility.

Nutrition, exercise, sleep, and purpose in life/relationships are the foundation of good health but drugs and other treatments may be necessary as well so a team is a must.
Fred
ALIVEBYNATURE

Post by ALIVEBYNATURE » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:50 pm

I don't mean to infer any fault to doctors. I just feel our health care has developed around a philosophy of treating a symptom with medication.

I am convinced that proper nutrition, exercise, and sleep are far more beneficial to the health than drugs, and should be the #1 priority for healthcare, rather than an afterthought.

I know any medical professional reading forums like these don't just shovel pills, but our medical schools don't teach anything other than that. New doctors have to learn it on their own. At least that is what I am told by some doctors - hopefully that is changing.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:21 pm

ALIVEBYNATURE wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:50 pm
I don't mean to infer any fault to doctors. I just feel our health care has developed around a philosophy of treating a symptom with medication.

I am convinced that proper nutrition, exercise, and sleep are far more beneficial to the health than drugs, and should be the #1 priority for healthcare, rather than an afterthought.

I know any medical professional reading forums like these don't just shovel pills, but our medical schools don't teach anything other than that. New doctors have to learn it on their own. At least that is what I am told by some doctors - hopefully that is changing.
Totally agree.
The quick fix and bandaid effect...Write a script, take the medication and come back and see me if you don’t feel any better...If I get it wrong, I will try again...( Without pathology it seems, most Doctors would struggle with diagnosis)
You see it “day in and day out” in the medical arena and it will continue to be so with 10 minute consultations governed by the “Holy Dollar”. :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic