IV ClinicsQuestion about IV therapy

Newage

Re: Question about IV therapy

Post by Newage » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:11 pm

I assume you would be sourcing your raw NAD+ from Alive By Nature for your IV infusions when
the time comes to implementing the therapy into your practices.
As Drdavid suggested it is “all about” the quality of the NAD+ being used..

markfeno

Post by markfeno » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:29 am

Hi everyone,

Wondering if someone can help me with some advice in relation to undergoing IV/NAD+ treatment, or similar IV/vitamin treatment for my friend who is about to commence a course of Chemotherapy?

She is 50years old, had a double mastectomy for breast cancer, and has now been cleared of cancer after operation, however her doc recommended to do a course of chemo as a precaution.

As debilitating as chemo is for people, I was wondering if this new type of IV/NAD+ treatment would be of benefit to her during or immediately post therapy, to assist with her overall health and wellbeing. Not to treat the cancer itself (wishful thinking) but to make her feel better during the process of chemo.

Thankyou!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:16 am

Newage you are moving fast! Do you already have the MD and nurses??
Newage

Post by Newage » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:38 am

drkris69 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:16 am
Newage you are moving fast! Do you already have the MD and nurses??
drkris69
The clinics at the moment are only allied health.
Chiropractors, Myotherapist, Podiatrist etc.
Waiting for you to set up NAD+ IVS in your “neck of the woods” to possibly get some direction in that domain out here...👍
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:41 pm

Oh okay roger that Newage.... :lol:
Newage

Post by Newage » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:02 pm

markfeno wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:29 am
Hi everyone,

Wondering if someone can help me with some advice in relation to undergoing IV/NAD+ treatment, or similar IV/vitamin treatment for my friend who is about to commence a course of Chemotherapy?

She is 50years old, had a double mastectomy for breast cancer, and has now been cleared of cancer after operation, however her doc recommended to do a course of chemo as a precaution.

As debilitating as chemo is for people, I was wondering if this new type of IV/NAD+ treatment would be of benefit to her during or immediately post therapy, to assist with her overall health and wellbeing. Not to treat the cancer itself (wishful thinking) but to make her feel better during the process of chemo.

Thankyou!
markfeno.
Probably a question and answer that possibly Drdavid should chime in on.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:14 am

One should make sure they are cleared first by their oncologist. You wouldn't want to do anything that could be fueling or feeding any potential tumor or cancer cells, not to mention, any medical professional that would give this NAD+ IV would probably have the patient wait for at least 6 to 8 months post-operation and or radiation to make sure that the cancer is gone. Just something to consider.
Fred

Post by Fred » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:41 am

Both water and partial fasting have been shown to decrease the side effects of chemo in small human trials. They´re doing bigger trials now. The short-term starvation response turn on the protective genes for healthy cells but the mutated cells have lost that ability and with the lowered glucose the tumour cells have a harder time to withstand chemo and radiation therapy.

The fasting-mimicking-diet kit Chemolieve will probably get FDA-approval as a food medical device not aimed at treating or curing cancer (although it does just that in mice) but alleviating discomfort during chemotherapy.
Cancer cells use an increased supply of glucose to make energy and do not have protection against fasting that normal cells do. Because of this, researchers would like to study how fasting may help chemotherapy target cancer cells instead of normal cells. Initial studies suggest that fasting may decrease the side effects of chemotherapy and increase the chances of your cancer responding to the chemotherapy. Patient populations will have non-small cell lung cancer in which chemo-immunotherapy with carboplatin/pemetrexed and pembrolizumab have been recommended to treat the cancer as part of standard care.
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03700437
Last edited by Fred on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:19 am

Great article Fred..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:38 pm

IV medicine and cancer has been a long standing debate. Some believe immediate some say wait until after chemo/radiation is complete. I happen to be on the side of using IV medicine during chemo/radiation. We work with the oncologist to design a program that will benefit the patient and the treatment. Several studies have been published regarding IV medicine and cancer. Here is one that you might find beneficial in answering some questions.

Curr Oncol. 2018 Apr; 25(2): 139–148.
Published online 2018 Apr 30. doi: 10.3747/co.25.3790
PMCID: PMC5927785
PMID: 29719430
Intravenous vitamin C in the supportive care of cancer patients: a review and rational approach
E. Klimant, MD,* H. Wright, ND,† D. Rubin, ND,† D. Seely, ND MSc,‡ and M. Markman, MD§

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5927785/

It is important to always use a doctor that is willing to work on a team and has been trained properly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic