Other NAD+ BoostersResveratrol with NMN?

Fred
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:17 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Fred » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:49 am

Drdavid wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:55 pm
One of the side effects of metformin is B12 depletion.
Yes, this. Thank you DrDavid. I just wrote down the remedy but didn´t spell out the reason why the supplemental B12 is prudent when taking metformin.


Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Pickleball101
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 pm
Location: Diamondhead,Ms.
Contact:

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Pickleball101 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Dr. David Sinclair is matching a Gram a day of Resveratrol with a Gram of NMN. I've been taking the two for a year,
and found Dr. Martins 180 capsules of 1200 mg on Amazon the best that works for me. Ben, 78.
Drdavid
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Drdavid » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Does Dr. Sinclair offer any reason for the 1000mg of Resveratrol? Why is this the magic dose?
NewLifeScience
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by NewLifeScience » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:36 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:55 pm
One of the side effects of metformin is B12 depletion. If you are taking this drug or its botanical derivative make sure you take B12 also.
Yes, thank you :)
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019
NewLifeScience
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by NewLifeScience » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 pm
Does Dr. Sinclair offer any reason for the 1000mg of Resveratrol? Why is this the magic dose?
Hmm he was at 500 mg per day in one interview i heard him on (unless i misheard him).

But i am going to guess that this is all new enough to be a best guess. if one weighs 200 pounds, it is hard to imagine 1 gram getting into all of your cells.
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019
Fred
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:17 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Fred » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:52 am

Drdavid wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 pm
Does Dr. Sinclair offer any reason for the 1000mg of Resveratrol? Why is this the magic dose?
In his book he cites two reasons: low solubility in the gut (=low bioavailability) and low potency for SIRT1 activation. But exactly why it landed on 1000 mg I don´t know.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Vandevalk1
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Vandevalk1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Can anyone please list the brand of Resveritrol they supplement with?

I am curious to find a reputable brand.

currently i am using Webber Naturals that I bought off Amazon. But it only contains 200mg of Japanese knotweed and 25mg of grape seed extract.

Thanks
Drdavid
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Drdavid » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:10 pm

Fred wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:52 am
Drdavid wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 pm
Does Dr. Sinclair offer any reason for the 1000mg of Resveratrol? Why is this the magic dose?
In his book he cites two reasons: low solubility in the gut (=low bioavailability) and low potency for SIRT1 activation. But exactly why it landed on 1000 mg I don´t know.
Maybe the high dosage is to try to get the maximum bioavailability. This would be an interesting question to get to ask.
edjee
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:19 am

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by edjee » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm reading to supplement B12 when taking Metformin. Is this the case when taking Resveratrol as well?
Vandevalk1
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: Resveratrol with NMN?

Post by Vandevalk1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:46 pm

edjee wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:09 pm
I'm reading to supplement B12 when taking Metformin. Is this the case when taking Resveratrol as well?
I have not read anything to say you should supplement with B12 while taking resveratrol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic