Re: Beginning of a new journey

Post by Drdavid » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:18 pm

OzSport wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:51 pm
Newage wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:22 pm
Drdavid wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:08 am

What is really interesting is that some researchers have had success with depression, major depression and bipolar disorder with these interesting fungi. There are several cultures throughout the world that have been using fungi for medicinal purposes for centuries. Sometimes I feel that we have failed to learn from history and choose to only pursue the future. There are a lot of things in the world that have time behind them and have shown to work in the field of consensus. Yet, we continue to ignore the simple and pursue the complex.
Yes Drdavid
An open mind is a “good mind”
We often ignore grandmas old time remedies that have been passed down over centuries for the easy modern fix of being able to grab a formula from the shelf at the chemist or supermarket..
A lot of the old time remedies contained beneficial fungi of some description.
Agreed! I'm currently reading "Deep Nutrition" by Dr. Catherine Shanahan, and she mentions how old time recipes and food traditions can hold significant "secrets" of why certain foods are good for the body and for growing healthy babies. Interesting stuff!

https://drcate.com/deep-nutrition-why-y ... onal-food/
Fascinating book and one that makes you think about why you eat certain foods

Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:28 pm

Intermittent fasting daily from 5pm to 9am
(nil calorie intake) seems to have significant benefits for inflammation levels in the body.
Even though there is not a lot of variation in weight in the short term the body actually feels so much “lighter” and “cleaner”.
Fluid retention or localised swelling after some training sessions also seems to be minimal.
Even at an older age the body fat content is more easily being replaced by what feels like more lean muscle. Far more “trim” if you like or so they tell me at my gym.. :idea:
OzSport

Post by OzSport » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Newage wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Thanks OzSport
I will try and get hold of the book and go through it.
Old remedies and food dishes interest me.
Can you give me the publishing dates and details please so I can chase it up...Cheers
No worries, Newage!

The version that I bought was this exact one from Book Depository: https://www.bookdepository.com/Deep-Nut ... 1250113849

I guarantee that I am not an employee of the company nor am I an affiliate! :)
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Newage wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:28 pm
Intermittent fasting daily from 5pm to 9am
(nil calorie intake) seems to have significant benefits for inflammation levels in the body.
Even though there is not a lot of variation in weight in the short term the body actually feels so much “lighter” and “cleaner”.
Fluid retention or localised swelling after some training sessions also seems to be minimal.
Even at an older age the body fat content is more easily being replaced by what feels like more lean muscle. Far more “trim” if you like or so they tell me at my gym.. :idea:
Here is an article that backs your thoughts up.
NEWS RELEASE 22-AUG-2019
Mount Sinai researchers discover that fasting reduces inflammation and improves chronic inflammatory diseases
THE MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL / MOUNT SINAI SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 081519.php
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:41 pm

Thanks for the link.
I will read through it as we all seem to acknowledge that reducing inflammation in the body is “the be all end all” and a big part of our longevity and wellness quest...
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:17 pm

An interesting note since including NAD+ into my regimen along with the NMN I have now noticed a further reduction in Blood Pressure readings.
I take my BP on first arising as a guide because it is normally higher for individuals first thing in the morning.
Recently over multiple readings it is sitting somewhere between 120 to 125 over 70 to 80.
That seems to be a great reading for someone my age and “I will take those readings all day”
being on no prescription medication for anything.. :o
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:16 am

Blood pressure reduction has been shown in a couple studies. It improves the ability of the vascular system to stretch in response to pressure thus reducing pressure readings.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:16 am
Blood pressure reduction has been shown in a couple studies. It improves the ability of the vascular system to stretch in response to pressure thus reducing pressure readings.
Yes Drdavid.
In the immediate future and after further studies, taking NMN and NAD+ could end up as an intervention for elevated Blood Pressure. If confirmed what a significant breakthrough that would be along with the myriad of other positive benefits that both NMN and NAD+ bring into play.. :idea:
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Newage wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:02 pm
Drdavid wrote:
Yes Drdavid.
In the immediate future and after further studies, taking NMN and NAD+ could end up as an intervention for elevated Blood Pressure. If confirmed what a significant breakthrough that would be along with the myriad of other positive benefits that both NMN and NAD+ bring into play.. :idea:
Yes, I believe that if the research continues to support this there will be a push to create a pharmaceutical. This is ultimately what Dr. Sinclair wants to accomplish. Patent and NAD or precursor molecule and make billions.
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:21 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:30 pm
Newage wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:02 pm
Drdavid wrote:
Yes Drdavid.
Yes, I believe that if the research continues to support this there will be a push to create a pharmaceutical. This is ultimately what Dr. Sinclair wants to accomplish. Patent and NAD or precursor molecule and make billions.
All of us humans presently taking NMN and NAD+ are ( in a good way) the equivalent of the mice on the treadmill so to speak.. :lol:
I hope David Sinclair remembers that when he begins to rake in the billions 💰
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic