NAD+Beginning of a new journey

Newage

Re: Beginning of a new journey

Post by Newage » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi CarlMaxx and welcome to the forum.
In Australia it’s hard to find a receptive GP when it involves boosting Testosterone levels and there are strong government guidelines with the use of same. The doctors are out there if you search but they have to be aligned in their way of thinking for better “overall health” of the patient..
Some forum members are reporting a natural increase in Testosterone levels by way of using AliveByNature NMN and NAD+ but in the first instance have your levels checked by a GP by way of a simple pathology blood test..
Ask for a copy of the results so that you can monitor future levels. Please keep us all informed of your progression. :idea:

CarlMaxx

Post by CarlMaxx » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:55 am

Thanks NewAge, so much information to digest but eating it one bite at a time. I'll be sure to post my supplements and results for the group. I have some blood tests on the way so I'll include the testosterone.

A question for you or indeed anyone DRDavid, DrKris who may have some thoughts on blood pressure. It seems you've had dramatic results which I'm keen to emulate but this is more for my father.

I bought some Resveratrol, and ABN NMN and NAD+ for my father who is a ridiculously fit 82 year old having swum, no smoking, little alcohol his whole life with a resting heart rate in the low 50's and blood pressure typically in 120-130/70. Is there any potential these supplements could drop his blood pressure further?

He says he finds he has a loss of fast twitch muscle which we both consider a key mitigation mechanism that enables people to recover lost balance, and not land hard, in the event they stumble/fall. NewAge, or anyone else, have any specific thoughts for him to recover fast twitch?

thanks in advance.
Newage

Post by Newage » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:11 pm

From my experience fast muscle twitch fibres are genetic and something you are born with and to a “degree” carry into old age. I’m not sure at what level your father was blessed in having but he can possibly improve and maintain them.
I do a lot of short explosive (30 sec) interval exercise with running, spin bike or elliptical and simple drills like flipping a playing card off a table with the back of your fingers then catching it with the same hand...not all that easy but sharpens you right up.
As you are aware falling is one of the major issues in old age. Your fathers blood pressure is extremely good for his age and I personally could not see a problem with the supplements but always monitor same because as we know everyone is different...
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:18 pm

CarlMaxx wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:55 am
Thanks NewAge, so much information to digest but eating it one bite at a time. I'll be sure to post my supplements and results for the group. I have some blood tests on the way so I'll include the testosterone.

A question for you or indeed anyone DRDavid, DrKris who may have some thoughts on blood pressure. It seems you've had dramatic results which I'm keen to emulate but this is more for my father.

I bought some Resveratrol, and ABN NMN and NAD+ for my father who is a ridiculously fit 82 year old having swum, no smoking, little alcohol his whole life with a resting heart rate in the low 50's and blood pressure typically in 120-130/70. Is there any potential these supplements could drop his blood pressure further?

He says he finds he has a loss of fast twitch muscle which we both consider a key mitigation mechanism that enables people to recover lost balance, and not land hard, in the event they stumble/fall. NewAge, or anyone else, have any specific thoughts for him to recover fast twitch?

thanks in advance.
I would say that NMN and NAD+ are directly blood pressure control agents but rather allow the vessels to become more pliable and indirectly reduce blood pressure. It is possible that as the vessels become more pliable the pressure could decrease.
CarlMaxx

Post by CarlMaxx » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:51 pm

Newage wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:11 pm
From my experience fast muscle twitch fibres are genetic and something you are born with and to a “degree” carry into old age. I’m not sure at what level your father was blessed in having but he can possibly improve and maintain them.
Thanks NewAge, We are (father, me (and children) and twin, younger brother) all sprint fast twitch body types swimmers/rugby players/boxers. Father was accomplished swimmer holding butterfly masters records into his 70's. He still swims daily and is doing 20on/10off or 30/10 tabata type circuits to 65% intensity with active rest but his swimming is more longer rolling the arms over and he mentions he feels like he's lost fast twitch. I asked given your age and exercise regime but we'll do some deeper digging.
Appreciate the feedback.
CarlMaxx

Post by CarlMaxx » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:18 pm
I would say that NMN and NAD+ are directly blood pressure control agents but rather allow the vessels to become more pliable and indirectly reduce blood pressure. It is possible that as the vessels become more pliable the pressure could decrease.
thanks DrDavid, we'll monitor and provide insights/outcomes here as to anything for note.
Newage

Post by Newage » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:04 pm

CarlMaxx wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:51 pm
Newage wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:11 pm
Thanks NewAge, We are (father, me (and children) and twin, younger brother) all sprint fast twitch body types swimmers/rugby players/boxers. Father was accomplished swimmer holding butterfly masters records into his 70's. He still swims daily and is doing 20on/10off or 30/10 tabata type circuits to 65% intensity with active rest but his swimming is more longer rolling the arms over and he mentions he feels like he's lost fast twitch. I asked given your age and exercise regime but we'll do some deeper digging.
Appreciate the feedback.
I never finished a swim set with my athletes without doing 10 x 25 metres ( max effort) on a minute turnaround. Then slow swim down for 10 mins. Retained muscle memory of fast twitch for the next session... :idea:
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:53 pm

A little tip to try for anyone out there that gets that “heightened wired up feeling” when using higher doses of NMN or NAD+.
Try the “Pure” powder form of either and totally bypass the additives..
Worked a treat for some colleagues of mine so I would suggest that there was a relevance to the additives in some way...
I noted some forum members were struggling with the same issues. :idea:
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm

Newage wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:53 pm
A little tip to try for anyone out there that gets that “heightened wired up feeling” when using higher doses of NMN or NAD+.
Worked a treat for some colleagues of mine so I would suggest that there was a relevance to the additives in some way...
Have you noticed the same with the NMN?
Newage

Post by Newage » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:07 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm
Newage wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:53 pm
Have you noticed the same with the NMN?
Even more so with the NMN DrDavid....probably because of higher daily dosage.
Give the pure powder a go with your patients that struggle in that area and please post the results.
It will be an interesting trial.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic