NutritionAuto-Immune Conditions

canadahealthy
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by canadahealthy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am

I am just putting this out there to start some discussion. perhaps some of the medical professionals know things that i don't.

Auto-immune disorders, from psoriasis to lupus, and arthritis are difficult to treat since it is the patient's own immune system attacking their tissues.

has there been any studies on the efficacy of Sirtuins in dealing with these types of conditions?


Drdavid
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by Drdavid » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 am

canadahealthy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am
I am just putting this out there to start some discussion. perhaps some of the medical professionals know things that i don't.

Auto-immune disorders, from psoriasis to lupus, and arthritis are difficult to treat since it is the patient's own immune system attacking their tissues.

has there been any studies on the efficacy of Sirtuins in dealing with these types of conditions?
Here is a great article about this very topic.

THE ROLE OF NICOTINAMIDE ADENINE DINUCLEOTIDE IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS: POTENTIAL IMPLICATIONS FOR TREATMENT
https://www.emjreviews.com/rheumatology ... treatment/

I think that NAD may provide a major breakthrough for autoimmune disease treatment. As we learn more about how this molecule interacts with the vast chemistry cascade of the human system I think there will be a major treatment discovered. Now of course a pharmaceutical company will attach a molecule and patent it but I do think there is something there. I am currently treating a couple people with auto immune diseases for other reasons but we have noticed that since they have been on NAD they have not had any flare ups for the last 6 months, reduced joint pain and improved sleep. One patient even got pregnant and carried to term with the delivery of a healthy baby boy. She had been told that after 4 miscarriages she would never be able to carry to term. NAD and a solid nutritional and exercise plan proved otherwise.
canadahealthy
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by canadahealthy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 am
canadahealthy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am
I am just putting this out there to start some discussion. perhaps some of the medical professionals know things that i don't.

Auto-immune disorders, from psoriasis to lupus, and arthritis are difficult to treat since it is the patient's own immune system attacking their tissues.

has there been any studies on the efficacy of Sirtuins in dealing with these types of conditions?
Here is a great article about this very topic.

THE ROLE OF NICOTINAMIDE ADENINE DINUCLEOTIDE IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS: POTENTIAL IMPLICATIONS FOR TREATMENT
https://www.emjreviews.com/rheumatology ... treatment/

I think that NAD may provide a major breakthrough for autoimmune disease treatment. As we learn more about how this molecule interacts with the vast chemistry cascade of the human system I think there will be a major treatment discovered. Now of course a pharmaceutical company will attach a molecule and patent it but I do think there is something there. I am currently treating a couple people with auto immune diseases for other reasons but we have noticed that since they have been on NAD they have not had any flare ups for the last 6 months, reduced joint pain and improved sleep. One patient even got pregnant and carried to term with the delivery of a healthy baby boy. She had been told that after 4 miscarriages she would never be able to carry to term. NAD and a solid nutritional and exercise plan proved otherwise.
Wow. great read. this is exactly the information i was looking for thank you.

I know someone with a very bad case of psoriasis. even though it is not necessarily a health risk, it has affected her life in a huge way, she has had a very hard time in the dating world...

and the proposed prescription treatments are downright dangerous.

i may suggest for her to try nasal NAD+ for 90 days.
Drdavid
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by Drdavid » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:21 pm

canadahealthy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 pm
Drdavid wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 am
canadahealthy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am
I am just putting this out there to start some discussion. perhaps some of the medical professionals know things that i don't.

Auto-immune disorders, from psoriasis to lupus, and arthritis are difficult to treat since it is the patient's own immune system attacking their tissues.

has there been any studies on the efficacy of Sirtuins in dealing with these types of conditions?
Here is a great article about this very topic.

THE ROLE OF NICOTINAMIDE ADENINE DINUCLEOTIDE IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS: POTENTIAL IMPLICATIONS FOR TREATMENT
https://www.emjreviews.com/rheumatology ... treatment/

I think that NAD may provide a major breakthrough for autoimmune disease treatment. As we learn more about how this molecule interacts with the vast chemistry cascade of the human system I think there will be a major treatment discovered. Now of course a pharmaceutical company will attach a molecule and patent it but I do think there is something there. I am currently treating a couple people with auto immune diseases for other reasons but we have noticed that since they have been on NAD they have not had any flare ups for the last 6 months, reduced joint pain and improved sleep. One patient even got pregnant and carried to term with the delivery of a healthy baby boy. She had been told that after 4 miscarriages she would never be able to carry to term. NAD and a solid nutritional and exercise plan proved otherwise.

Wow. great read. this is exactly the information i was looking for thank you.

I know someone with a very bad case of psoriasis. even though it is not necessarily a health risk, it has affected her life in a huge way, she has had a very hard time in the dating world...

and the proposed prescription treatments are downright dangerous.

i may suggest for her to try nasal NAD+ for 90 days.
Great idea and have her take pictures before she starts and then at 30 and 60 and 90 days. This will show her how will the product is working. We have found that people quickly forget how bad something was once it starts to go away
Pilgrim79
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by Pilgrim79 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:31 pm

I just realized that I have never talked about my very gradual recovery from RA! I would say that over the last two years, Using NR, then NMN, and since 6/2018, NAD+,and NMN together, more recently adding Cenergy NAD+ and CBD oil nasal spray, my rheumatoid arthritis has gotten significantly better! I am at maybe 30-35% of the physical joint swelling as before starting any of these new supplements. That said, recently I have noticed an awareness of increasing sensitivity in the areas most affected (hands). Like my neuropathy, it also was increasingly tender while the damage was being repaired...I love this stuff! Flexibility has come back to a similar degree of normal.
Drdavid
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by Drdavid » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:53 am

Great story and it is amazing that a product so simple with no side effects can bring such health benefits. These are the stories that need to be told so that millions of others may benefit.
canadahealthy
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by canadahealthy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Pilgrim79 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:31 pm
I just realized that I have never talked about my very gradual recovery from RA! I would say that over the last two years, Using NR, then NMN, and since 6/2018, NAD+,and NMN together, more recently adding Cenergy NAD+ and CBD oil nasal spray, my rheumatoid arthritis has gotten significantly better! I am at maybe 30-35% of the physical joint swelling as before starting any of these new supplements. That said, recently I have noticed an awareness of increasing sensitivity in the areas most affected (hands). Like my neuropathy, it also was increasingly tender while the damage was being repaired...I love this stuff! Flexibility has come back to a similar degree of normal.
Good information. I have tried CBD and i didn't experience any pain benefits until i was into ridiculous levels (aka couldn't drive - didn't try) but your success with RA is very significant to me.

I guess one issue some people will find themselves in is trying to get their Doctors to look into this relatively novel approach.
Drdavid
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by Drdavid » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:27 pm

Sometimes when the doctor wont look at a novel approach it might be time to find a new doctor. As a side note CBD can vary from one manufacture to another in quality. If you just tried one product it might be beneficial to give another vendor an opportunity.
Newage
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by Newage » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:23 am

Drdavid wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:27 pm
Sometimes when the doctor wont look at a novel approach it might be time to find a new doctor. As a side note CBD can vary from one manufacture to another in quality. If you just tried one product it might be beneficial to give another vendor an opportunity.
Yes, it is not easy to find open minded doctors especially with CBD..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic