NutritionThe Sprinting Challenge.

Newage
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Newage » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Fred.
Here’s a challenge for you..
As you have probably read on my posts that my goal this season is to run 100 metres in the low 13 seconds bracket( presently 13.75 or so) at nearly 70 years of age.
What specific diet and supplements along with my present NMN and NAD+ intake would you suggest I use to enhance power and fast muscle twitch fibres to help me achieve my goals.
This could end up a forum team effort along with Alive By Nature products having a major influence on the hopeful outcome...


CeeJayBee
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by CeeJayBee » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm

I will have a different goal. I need to get back on the treadmill, and would like to do a 6.5 minute mile before winter ends.
Newage
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Newage » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:45 pm

CeeJayBee wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm
I will have a different goal. I need to get back on the treadmill, and would like to do a 6.5 minute mile before winter ends.
I think it is important for everyone to set goals.
It gives us meaning, especially with our newfound energy levels..
Good luck with your treadmill challenge.
User avatar
AlbertY
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by AlbertY » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:21 pm

This is amazing! I'm wondering were you super strong at your 20s?

There was a study shows that exercise, when you are young, can stimulate the division of the muscle cell nucleus. During aging, the potential of nucleus division decreased and one might also experience amyotrophy. However, the extra nucleus in the muscle you gained through hard working at a young age won't disappear, and these extra muscle nucleus will help you against fragile when you are old. Therefore, it might be a good strategy to exercise intensively when you are young and save these extra muscle nucleus for later life.
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Newage
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Newage » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 pm

AlbertY wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:21 pm
This is amazing! I'm wondering were you super strong at your 20s?

There was a study shows that exercise, when you are young, can stimulate the division of the muscle cell nucleus. During aging, the potential of nucleus division decreased and one might also experience amyotrophy. However, the extra nucleus in the muscle you gained through hard working at a young age won't disappear, and these extra muscle nucleus will help you against fragile when you are old. Therefore, it might be a good strategy to exercise intensively when you are young and save these extra muscle nucleus for later life.
AlbertY
I was fortunate enough when I was young, to have had the ability to compete at the top level in numerous sports.
Muscle memory and fast twitch fibres are something that you never lose and are part of your genetic makeup.
You can train as much as you want and gain relative improvement but unfortunately you can not buy natural ability for “love or money” if it’s not in your genes. The same goes for mental toughness... :twisted:
Pickleball101
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:06 pm
Location: Diamondhead,Ms.
Contact:

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Pickleball101 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:41 am

to NEWAGE, ALL...
Recently after taking NMN for a year at 79, and now adding NAD+ before my 9-12 Pickleball play 3 x's / week for 3 hours , I've discovered a
new "Overdrive" ability. After a 8 AM morning bowl of fruit, followed by 125 mg NMN, 125 mg NAD+ , I drive to play Pickleball at 9am . From Dr. Sinclairs research, the subliminal's take about 45 minutes to maximize in my cells for about 4 hours, then fall off. At 9am, I take the second NAD+ powder , under the tongue and start play. The first 30 minute game is good, but as I start the second, the synergistic effect of NAD+ to NMN kicks in, and I can "Call On" a spurt of energy if needed to reach balls I normally couldn't. My reflexes speed up to extreme fast volley beyond thinking, and I'm breathing at a " "fight or flight" level of intense focus. My foot work intensifies and my focus on following the ball is "Lock On". The next two games are played at this level, then I sit out the fourth, and finish up a normal 5th , slowing down to a normal play. This form of "Intensive Play " allows the NMN to trigger the cellular level of regeneration, with NAD+ specializing the same in the brain. Just doing walking, or aerobic won't do this, it takes the Spurt Intensive type of effort, of Full input. The same is seen in weight lifting... so if you can find the "Overdrive" petal to the metal spurt level, you're on your way to a 100, with me.Ben
Newage
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Newage » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:43 pm

Pickleball101 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:41 am
to NEWAGE, ALL...
Recently after taking NMN for a year at 79, and now adding NAD+ before my 9-12 Pickleball play 3 x's / week for 3 hours , I've discovered a
new "Overdrive" ability. After a 8 AM morning bowl of fruit, followed by 125 mg NMN, 125 mg NAD+ , I drive to play Pickleball at 9am . From Dr. Sinclairs research, the subliminal's take about 45 minutes to maximize in my cells for about 4 hours, then fall off. At 9am, I take the second NAD+ powder , under the tongue and start play. The first 30 minute game is good, but as I start the second, the synergistic effect of NAD+ to NMN kicks in, and I can "Call On" a spurt of energy if needed to reach balls I normally couldn't. My reflexes speed up to extreme fast volley beyond thinking, and I'm breathing at a " "fight or flight" level of intense focus. My foot work intensifies and my focus on following the ball is "Lock On". The next two games are played at this level, then I sit out the fourth, and finish up a normal 5th , slowing down to a normal play. This form of "Intensive Play " allows the NMN to trigger the cellular level of regeneration, with NAD+ specializing the same in the brain. Just doing walking, or aerobic won't do this, it takes the Spurt Intensive type of effort, of Full input. The same is seen in weight lifting... so if you can find the "Overdrive" petal to the metal spurt level, you're on your way to a 100, with me.Ben
Great wellness story Pickleball. Good luck to you
for your potential elevation to a gold level player. As I said previously, I know nothing about Pickleball but if I ever get to your shores I would love to give it a go..
FitandHealthyinAZ
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:16 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:17 am

Holy smokes! I feel like a slug at 59 years of age after reading about you folks in your 70's. For me the key with respect to successful athletic activity and competition is recovery. NMN has played a huge part maximizing my body’s repair and getting me back on the ball field and the basketball court through out each week. Many of the actions I take to optimize recovery time besides NMN include; hydration, nutrition, supplementation, stretching, self-myofascial release (check out Roll Recovery 8 - it's the BOMB for legs), stress management, compression, and time spent standing versus sitting versus lying down. Good luck Newage and Pickleball101 and perhaps I might just get motivated to put in some "road work" myself!
Newage
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by Newage » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:01 am

CeeJayBee wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm
I will have a different goal. I need to get back on the treadmill, and would like to do a 6.5 minute mile before winter ends.
That’s a good test CeeJayBee.
4 min kilometre or 6.5 min mile. Around about
15 Klm per hour treadmill speed.
How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?
Depending on your age that is very achievable🏃‍♂️
CeeJayBee
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: The Sprinting Challenge.

Post by CeeJayBee » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Newage wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:01 am
CeeJayBee wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm
I will have a different goal. I need to get back on the treadmill, and would like to do a 6.5 minute mile before winter ends.
That’s a good test CeeJayBee.
4 min kilometre or 6.5 min mile. Around about
15 Klm per hour treadmill speed.
How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?
Depending on your age that is very achievable🏃‍♂️
thank you I'm 53 and also about 20 lb overweight
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic