NMNNMN heals Psoriasis

Pickleball101

NMN heals Psoriasis

Post by Pickleball101 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:44 am

Over the years (now 79) I have always had a 2"-4" spot of white psoriasis on my left elbow toward my hand. It wasn't flaky, or red, just white.
Accepting this from my PC's guidance that it was not anything serious, I forgot about this until I noticed something different, while drying off from a shower. It was gone! The Only change in my lifestyle was NMN, about 250mg each day, with 250mg of NAD+ just before 2-3 hours of Intermediate level Pickleball play. That's been about a year now, and it hasn't returned.
Wanting to believe but not sure of this, I just filed it away, until one day about 6 months ago, I noticed on my opponent , Lindsey a very acute condition of red and white psoriasis covering his knees and elbows. I shared my experience and gave him a reference card to AliveByNature supplied by Monica. Just the other day, while awaiting my next game, in walks Lindsey, all smiles, big handshake and a " Thank You", saying "I had tried all kinds of advice and prescriptions. NMN was the Only thing that completely cleared it up!.
Go Figure...
Ben (79) NMN/NAD= 250 mg/ day, each. Resveratrol 1200mg/day. Pickleball 2-4 hours/week.Drug free 37 years.

Fred

Re: NMN heals Psoriasis

Post by Fred » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:50 am

Topical niacinamide is an anti-inflammatory against acne, psoriasis, and dermatitis and niacin deficiency causes skin inflammation so I´m not surprised that NMN might have an effect on skin inflammation. If it in fact "heals psoriasis" remains to be tested and proven in real clinical trials but I´m happy your psoriasis improved, whatever the reason for it was. Niacinamide is also great for the skin in serums and creams.

One of Dr Sinclairs experimental micronized resveratrol drugs he developed with Sirtris also showed some success in clinical trials of psoriasis. I don´t know if they plan to bring it to market.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Drdavid

Re: NMN heals Psoriasis

Post by Drdavid » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 am

Here is an interesting article on this topic

A Double-Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial of Niacinamide 4% versus Hydroquinone 4% in the Treatment of Melasma
Josefina Navarrete-Solís, Juan Pablo Castanedo-Cázares, [...], and Benjamin Moncada
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3142702/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic