NMNStop NMN before surgery?

synde

Stop NMN before surgery?

Post by synde » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:52 am

84-yr-old Mom takes NMN 1g daily, doing well. It has improved her energy, endurance, recovery, blood pressure, and hearing. Outstanding!

She is going for knee replacement surgery at the end of this month, and they ask her to stop all supplements 2 weeks beforehand.
Would you also stop NMN?

The doc wishes her to take her blood pressure medicine as usual including day of surgery. Since NMN seems to help lower her bp, seems she should stay on it as well.

I know they wish her to stop aspirin (as a blood thinner). Does anybody know if NMN is considered a blood thinner?
Thanks very much,

drkris69

Re: Stop NMN before surgery?

Post by drkris69 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:37 am

As far as I know NMN is not a blood thinner but with that said, I would have her stop the NMN as well. Im sure DrDavid would agree. Hoping that your Mom has a great outcome.
Drdavid

Re: Stop NMN before surgery?

Post by Drdavid » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:38 am

synde wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:52 am
84-yr-old Mom takes NMN 1g daily, doing well. It has improved her energy, endurance, recovery, blood pressure, and hearing. Outstanding!

She is going for knee replacement surgery at the end of this month, and they ask her to stop all supplements 2 weeks beforehand.
Would you also stop NMN?

The doc wishes her to take her blood pressure medicine as usual including day of surgery. Since NMN seems to help lower her bp, seems she should stay on it as well.

I know they wish her to stop aspirin (as a blood thinner). Does anybody know if NMN is considered a blood thinner?
Thanks very much,
Yes please have her stop NMN at least 72 hours prior to surgery. We do not have compelling evidence to the contrary.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic