NMNCan NMN actually accelerate physical aging?

Tsin

Can NMN actually accelerate physical aging?

Post by Tsin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:12 am

The only longterm data we have is David himself. He does look old for his age however. I think he aged rapidly in the recent 10 years but paradoxically he started nmn around that period. Did anyone who uses it longterm experienced something similar?

rhett

Re: Can NMN actually accelerate physical aging?

Post by rhett » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:54 pm

I don't know if I'd agree with that assessment. You're saying he looks older than the average 51 year old male?

Google Images search for "51 year old male":
https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 80&bih=689

I'd say he looks pretty great.
Tsin

Post by Tsin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:12 pm

I am comparing him to other "celebrities" or people of recognition. I am also not saying he looks very old compared to some other average dude but rather that he aged super fast.
OzSport

Post by OzSport » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:59 am

rhett wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:54 pm
I don't know if I'd agree with that assessment. You're saying he looks older than the average 51 year old male?

Google Images search for "51 year old male":
https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 80&bih=689

I'd say he looks pretty great.
I agree, rhett! I reckon Dr. Sinclair looks pretty great as well, very spry and healthy.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am

Here's my "Living Example" not conjecture. It's also posted in the Forum under NMN topics. All media interviewers of Dr. Sinclair I've reviewed state he displays an age 20 years younger than his 51 years. So does his Dad, 80. I'm not sure of their dog...
(POSTED earlier)
NMN and it's Effects on Me at 79

Post by Pickleball101 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:10 am
It's 30 degrees outside while I await warming today to play Pickleball, so I'm going to share what the ABN products have done for me at 79 years of age.
About two years ago, I stated taking BASIS, a NR product by capsule and noticed small changes in my physiology. My thinning thumbnails were getting thicker. Hmmm. better start looking around. I had increased my Pickleball play from 3 to 5-6 games over a 3 hour period, 3 times a week play, with an
increased stamina. My play was still at a beginner level, but improving. Then a year and a half ago, NMN came into my life. I had started for three months on 250 mg capsules / day but increased this to 500mg , opening them and putting under my tongue for better absorption subliminally. ABN had selected me to participate in a NMN clinical trial of sport , representing Pickleball. Almost immediately my stamina, eye to ball reaction time, and cognitive up take on strategy improved and my play moved up to Tournament Intermediate level, winning Silver against players twenty years my junior.
This prompted the initiation of the Second Phase of NMN influence, a Nutritional life style change to provide NMN with the cellular nutrition for regeneration. Rather than expound on my personal daily choices, I'm going to defer to the plan of a Master Nutritionist Prof. Valter Longo , co- researcher with Dr. Sinclair.
https://valterlongo.com/daily-longevity ... or-adults/
I now follow most of his recommendations. In addition, I take a Vitacost Probiotic of 10 live Strains/20 Billion microorganisms for Gut Flora. That sets the stage for better digestion, improved energy release to NMN.
For breakfast, it's a big bowl of a medley of fresh fruit. Just before morning play, I add 250 mg NAD+ powder under the tongue for a synergistic boost of NMN/NAD+. This immediately provides a surge of energy to play for three hours at a higher level, providing the benefits of play mentioned earlier. After play I follow Prof. Longo's nutritional plan of one big meal of the day, with nothing after 4PM. Intermediate fasting for 15 hours until my breakfast fruit, now comes easily, with no sense of deprivation. On Sunday, anything goes, in moderation, no drugs or stimulants.
What has this NMN/NAD+ life style change done for me, holistically? Well, It has reset my biological time clock back about twenty years, and I feel whole, as functional and free of the aches and degeneration I felt from 60 to 77. Like Dr. Sinclair's dad of 80, I'm back in the game, having found a sweet 65 year old lady to go RV traveling with exploring new horizons as I challenge 100. I'm also actively flying my plane, and seasonally selling aircraft and offshore cruising yachts, when not trying to keep up with my grandchildren. My Biannual VA lab blood tests all shown middle range.
We are on the cusp of a breakthrough in longevity. I have successfully moved through the 60-80 years of degeneration by disease that kills most people.
With your help in sharing your life span improvement following Dr. Sinclairs research, we all can live out our own lifespan fully, in a healthy and useful lifestyle. Please consider your own benefits taking these ABN products and share your own personal experiences, to be respected for their reality.
Ben , 79. NMN/NAD+250 mg each daily, with resveratrol 600mg.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:19 am

Thanks for sharing that Ben, its really informative.
I also agree on looking after the gut bacteria and regularly have either Kefir, plain Greek yoghurt and I understand a little bit of ascetic acid (vinegar) is also good for the gut as well. Sauerkraut is also good for feeding gut bacteria.
I'm the same age as Dr. Sinclair and he certainly looks much younger than me, but I'm only 2 months into taking NMN and Resveratrol and cutting back to just two meals per day with an increased exercise regime, so looking forward to sharing some positive effects in the future. I'll certainly be checking out your link to Valter Longo's dietary advice.
Fred

Post by Fred » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Again, professor Valter Longo is not a "Master nutritionist". There is no such title in existence. In fact, he´s not a nutritionist or dietitian at all. He´s a very accomplished biologist and gerontologist researcher.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic