NMNA few questions on NMN and Resveratrol

Andreas

Re: A few questions on NMN and Resveratrol

Post by Andreas » Mon May 04, 2020 9:14 am

drkris69 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:38 am
The main difference between resveratrol and trans resveratrol is that the resveratrol is the general product name of a dietary supplement containing polyphenols, which act as antioxidants, whereas trans-resveratrol is the active ingredient found in the resveratrol supplement. So make sure that the product contains 99% trans resveratrol. Usually the darker the color of the powder the less of the active ingredient.
I've bought these https://asquarednutrition.com/products/ ... esveratrol and what you say puts their claim in an interesting light:

"IMPORTANT PRODUCT INFORMATION: Resveratrol powder ranges in color from light brown to a dark brown/chocolate color. We are standardizing our formula to primarily use the dark brown colored raw material moving forward. Also, we have updated our capsules to be clear instead of white in appearance. We have made these updates in efforts to create a Vegan friendly Resveratrol formula. Rest assured, the potency and effectiveness of our Resveratrol product has not changed."

Their customer support was quick and could inform me: "Our Resveratrol supplement yields a 50% trans-resveratrol ratio." So I also need to find a new brand.

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Mon May 04, 2020 3:52 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:38 am
The main difference between resveratrol and trans resveratrol is that the resveratrol is the general product name of a dietary supplement containing polyphenols, which act as antioxidants, whereas trans-resveratrol is the active ingredient found in the resveratrol supplement. So make sure that the product contains 99% trans resveratrol. Usually the darker the color of the powder the less of the active ingredient.
Good to know, I will definitely be buying the 99% transveratrol as well.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost » Mon May 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Another key factor is to validate the particle size. The smaller the particle size, the higher its absorption rate. I use Mega Resveratrol’s which is average particle size is less than 2 µm (<0.002 mm), compared to 170 to 220 µm (0.17-0.22 mm) of standard resveratrol. Clinical studies have shown that micronized particle size increases the absorption rate by up to 1000%!

Some vendors don't disclose particle size, considering the impact on absorption (and cost as smaller particle is more expensive) it is an important factor in choosing your resveratrol supplier.
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue May 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Boxcost wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:45 pm
Another key factor is to validate the particle size. The smaller the particle size, the higher its absorption rate. I use Mega Resveratrol’s which is average particle size is less than 2 µm (<0.002 mm), compared to 170 to 220 µm (0.17-0.22 mm) of standard resveratrol. Clinical studies have shown that micronized particle size increases the absorption rate by up to 1000%!

Some vendors don't disclose particle size, considering the impact on absorption (and cost as smaller particle is more expensive) it is an important factor in choosing your resveratrol supplier.
Good advice Boxcost.
Resveratrol “is not necessarily” Resveratrol ...
Unfortunately we all have to weed our way through the marketing small print when it comes to suppliers and the quality of their products.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Yes good to know as well, Im gonna try this mega resveratrol next time I order.
Arnie

Post by Arnie » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:05 am

I'll give you some inside information, David said that RevGenetics' Resveratrol is good, it is trans Resveratrol. That's what I am using but one important thing with Resveratrol is that it needs to be dissolved in a fatty food or fat/oil. That's why David takes his with yogurt. So taking it as a capsule/tablet is not good at all. I take it dissolved in Olive Oil also add black pepper to the combination because according to a few studies, black pepper increases its bio-availability. This was reported by Dr Rhonda Patrick so it is not anecdotal. I also heard about Turmeric having similar affect but this is anecdotal, does anybody know anything about it?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:54 am

Guys check out Mega Resveratrol. I find this one to be the best out there. They are 3rd party tested, micronized and 99% transresveratrol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic