NMNQuestion Re Pain management

PNZ

Question Re Pain management

Post by PNZ » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:39 am

Hi all,

New here and have been reading a lot on NAD etc, my Sister has had various chronic pain issues for years now and we have tried a lot of things but I would be interested in NMN to see if this will help at all. She is being treated by a friend who is a Naturpath at the moment to try and restore her adrenal fatigue and gut health (stomach pretty ruined from various pain meds) She basically cannot take any pills and so I was happy to see there is a sublingual lipo gel that sounds perfect.

So main question, which would people recommend to start off with the NMN or the NAD+ supplement? = budget is a consideration and I would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with these supplements and pain or adrenal / stomach issues.
Thanks in advance

jocko6889

Re: Question Re Pain management

Post by jocko6889 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi and welcome!

I'm not a doctor so can't give medical advice, however depending on what is causing her adrenal fatigue it's possible that NMN supplements could help if the problem is being caused by cells in the adrenal gland being low on NAD+, causing dysfunction, fatigue, and pain. If so, using NMN supplements could restore the cells to a more robust and healthy function.

My wife had type 2 diabetes and without changing diet or exercise has seen her insulin levels slowly restored to normal levels. In diabetes, Islet cells in the pancreas that produce insulin become dysfunctional over time. The speculation is that restoring energy to these cells in the form of NAD+ (converted from NMN) may restore normal function in these cells, which then begin to secrete normal amounts of insulin again.

Although NMN supplementation may or may not be a "cure" for adrenal fatigue and pain, we have all seen miraculous and quite unexpected results from using NAD+ boosters. NAD+ is fundamental to every cell in your body. Without it, you'd die in 20 seconds. It's definitely worth a try, in my opinion.

As for the stomach issues, have you tried pre or probiotics to restore the healthy balance of bacteria?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325293
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:27 pm

If you had to choose one, I would suggest NMN as the more potent one. NMN / NAD+ use also has some synergy so I am like 60% NMN / 40% NAD+ (Cenergy Nasal spray with CBD and the Renue the skin care product) and get good results from this combination.

I have not seen much in the way of pain management and NMN, but this does ramp up DNA repair and boost immune function that could assist the body in relation to pain. My go for pain to would be CBD (ABN have the Cenergy product but is a low dose CBD) and recently Fisetin. A friend of mine had knee pain / inflammation that went away when she started on the ABN LSG Fisetin, I am on it as well and notice a big drop in pain / discomfort from the spot in my back that causes me trouble - powerful stuff.
PNZ

Post by PNZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:11 am

jocko6889 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:05 pm
Hi and welcome!

I'm not a doctor so can't give medical advice, however depending on what is causing her adrenal fatigue it's possible that NMN supplements could help if the problem is being caused by cells in the adrenal gland being low on NAD+, causing dysfunction, fatigue, and pain. If so, using NMN supplements could restore the cells to a more robust and healthy function.

My wife had type 2 diabetes and without changing diet or exercise has seen her insulin levels slowly restored to normal levels. In diabetes, Islet cells in the pancreas that produce insulin become dysfunctional over time. The speculation is that restoring energy to these cells in the form of NAD+ (converted from NMN) may restore normal function in these cells, which then begin to secrete normal amounts of insulin again.

Although NMN supplementation may or may not be a "cure" for adrenal fatigue and pain, we have all seen miraculous and quite unexpected results from using NAD+ boosters. NAD+ is fundamental to every cell in your body. Without it, you'd die in 20 seconds. It's definitely worth a try, in my opinion.

As for the stomach issues, have you tried pre or probiotics to restore the healthy balance of bacteria?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325293
Thanks Jocko - yes she is currently doing both pre and probiotics
PNZ

Post by PNZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:12 am

Boxcost wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:27 pm
If you had to choose one, I would suggest NMN as the more potent one. NMN / NAD+ use also has some synergy so I am like 60% NMN / 40% NAD+ (Cenergy Nasal spray with CBD and the Renue the skin care product) and get good results from this combination.

I have not seen much in the way of pain management and NMN, but this does ramp up DNA repair and boost immune function that could assist the body in relation to pain. My go for pain to would be CBD (ABN have the Cenergy product but is a low dose CBD) and recently Fisetin. A friend of mine had knee pain / inflammation that went away when she started on the ABN LSG Fisetin, I am on it as well and notice a big drop in pain / discomfort from the spot in my back that causes me trouble - powerful stuff.
Thanks Boxcost - yes tried CBD and it did help some will look into Fisetin some more.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:50 pm

PNZ wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:39 am
Hi all,

New here and have been reading a lot on NAD etc, my Sister has had various chronic pain issues for years now and we have tried a lot of things but I would be interested in NMN to see if this will help at all. She is being treated by a friend who is a Naturpath at the moment to try and restore her adrenal fatigue and gut health (stomach pretty ruined from various pain meds) She basically cannot take any pills and so I was happy to see there is a sublingual lipo gel that sounds perfect.

So main question, which would people recommend to start off with the NMN or the NAD+ supplement? = budget is a consideration and I would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with these supplements and pain or adrenal / stomach issues.
Thanks in advance
Welcome glad to have you hear. Both of the suggestions are excellent but I am going to go down a different path. NAD+ spray may provide a quicker result. I have seen some good results ulcers and NAD+. As far as the adrenal fatigue I do not have any direct results but I can say that if you are worn down NAD+/NMN will help build you back up. Let us know what you decide and the results along the way. Again welcome to the group.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Hey DrDavid so you have seen some good results in patients using NAD+ spray for ulcers? Would like to know if you have..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Yes Dr. Kris we have seen some amazing results with ulcers. We never treated specifically for the ulcer but we started having people say that there stomachs were not hurting. We scoped several and saw complete resolution of the ulcer. Can't tell you why but can say that it has helped.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:44 pm

Interesting,....so was this with IV route or with the pills and spray use? Reason is, I have an ulcer right now.
Newage

Post by Newage » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:17 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:44 pm
Interesting,....so was this with IV route or with the pills and spray use? Reason is, I have an ulcer right now.
The molecule may have a positive effect on the Helicobacter Pylor Bacteria that presents in the vast majority of Stomach Ulcer Cases.
It it extremely hard to get rid of the bacteria and quite often the treatment is worse than the original problem...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic