NMNNMN and Gym results

OzSport

Re: NMN and Gym results

Post by OzSport » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:46 am

I don't take a rest from the NMN, but I do take a rest from the gym about every 2-3 days...seems to be alright so far, knock on wood! :D

Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
I currently take take two days off a week from working out. usually the weekends but sometimes just two random days when I am too busy to make it to the gym that night. I've always done this but I never really thought about cutting out supplementation as well. I micro dose creatine and take protein and multi vitamins... would you recommend taking these out of the regiment on off days as well?

thanks
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:42 pm

I have coached triathletes and swimmers at elite level and have nearly always implemented into the athletes program 1 to 2 days off a week from training and all supplement use.
I have had some outstanding results over the years with elite and age group athletes and have improved some of the individuals from middle of the pack to consistent podium finishers.
I work on the principle of the wellness of the athlete ( mind and body) commitment, toughness and obviously their natural ability.
I guess with the improvements in results, I must have been doing something right.
It works for them and for me..
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:37 pm

This is an interesting concept that is being used. This type of rotation is traditionally used when cycling with a pharmaceutical. The off cycle is used to detox the body and reduce side effects. With NAD+ and NMN there is no reason to detox and no side effects but there could be some natural modulation that would benefit from time off. That time off reduces the NAD+ available which means when you start back on a loading dose would be required to replenish the amount lost during the time off.
Newage

Post by Newage » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:11 am

It would be interesting to know the NAD+ levels after supplementation late on the Friday and then first thing on the Monday morning prior to supplementation.
Determining the wash out effect from the 2 rest and recovery days.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Is the off cycle only used to detox the body and reduce side effects? Or is it also to keep the body producing proper levels of hormones and chemicals so it does not become dependant on the drug? Even if NMN and NAD+ do have zero side effects i still now think it is a good concept to cycle on and off.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:19 am

I agree with some of the posters here...

i think there may be confusion between breaking in fasting (in case your body gets used to the fasting regimen, and thus produces less NMN) and taking a break with the NMN - which i do not see as necessary.
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:19 pm

In the clinic we have seen profound gains in athletes using NAD+. Most have seen increases in strength and stamina but some of the best results have come in the form of recovery. Many professional athletes are plagued by chronic injuries and have difficulty recovering especially with a heavy schedule. With NAD+ the recovery time is reduced and schedule is no longer an issue.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:41 am

The profound gains in the clinic, especially with athletes seems to go hand in hand with the enhanced ability to detox the body far more efficiently by way of supplementation with NMN or NAD+.
Wether it be by way of a natural build up of substances created by exercise like lactic acid or the consumption and or possible absorption of foreign particles environmentally, or by way of undisclosed allergens or additives in the food chain.
All helpful in a much quicker recovery and a return to the arena in your chosen sport or just benefiting from it in everyday life...
vandan

Post by vandan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:04 am

Ive been getting great results in the gym also. Does anyone else have trouble convincing others to try it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic