NMNNMN and Gym results

Newage

Re: NMN and Gym results

Post by Newage » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:14 am

When people ask why I run stairs at nearly 70 years of age. I answer....
“ Because I can”
That seems to make a solid argument for the inclusion of NMN into the regime of the older
population..

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:58 am

Newage wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:14 am
When people ask why I run stairs at nearly 70 years of age. I answer....
“ Because I can”
That seems to make a solid argument for the inclusion of NMN into the regime of the older
population..
For me, the test for staying young has always been the ability to go for a run. We take this simple exercise for granted, yet when it's eventually gone you can't help but think you've lost a part of your youth - a part of your freedom. What a joy being able to put on running shoes and go for a jog is. I appreciate it more and more every day as I get older.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:37 am

I’m hearing you Jocko..
Most people have a love or hate relationship with running but if you love it, then running as you age is a form of freedom as you state in your post.
I think the freedom comes by way of the advancing years not being able to dictate terms and stop you from doing things that you enjoy.
So if running is one of those things and by taking NMN it is helping to allow that to happen then we must be on the right track...
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:39 am

NewAge,
You are such an inspiration. I hope to have the same ability at your young age.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:26 pm

I agree, exercise is so important for many things. Exercise is the only way we recharge our body by stimulating our muscles. Plus it makes you feel and look good. :D
rhett

Post by rhett » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:02 pm

41M here. I’d been taking 125mg for 5 months, not “feeling” anything in particular but continuing because of the science behind supplementing nad levels.

For one week, I doubled to 250mg a day just to see what would happen and it was like a switch was flipped. My workouts got incrementally better each day since then. I’m jogging much faster at the same heart rate. I’m doing pull ups much easier AND more slowly and controlled. My mind feels sharper. Even if there turn out to be no aging benefits to nmn, you are going to have to pry it out of my cold dead hands to get me to stop taking it.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:20 pm

My view ( for what it is worth ) is that forum users should put a supplement program in place using NMN and NAD+ as their base and compliment it with other vitamins, herbs, high quality food and superfoods.
Stick to the program as close as you can for 6 to 12 months to determine results.
The problem with chopping and changing supplements all the time is that you will never really know what works and what doesn’t.
Results are very rarely seen “ overnight “ as time is needed for everything to work in synergy.
Explore all possibilities, be positive, implement a regime and stick to it for an extended period of time. Try not to be the person that.
“ Thought they were indecisive but couldn’t make their mind up “
MarcusL

Post by MarcusL » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 pm

jocko6889 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:58 pm
It should be noted that the effects of NMN are greatly pronounced with exercise. This fact is often overlooked by people taking NMN.

One of the principal benefits of NMN is providing the fuel necessary for mitochondria, which in turn provide energy to the cell in the form of ATP. Exercise stimulates growth of mitochondrial networks and NMN fuels that growth, much like creatine stimulates muscle growth when paired with weight training. This is called a synergistic effect or an effect greater than the sum of their individual effects. So yes, you can derive a beneficial effect from NMN while being a couch potato, but you will lose the synergistic, amplified effects you get by pairing it with exercise.
I do believe there are stronger effects with exercise. I have more stamina when running and more energy in general. Am anxious to try the NAD nasal spray and see whether this affects mental alertness.
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:25 pm

MarcusL
I think you will find it will make a big difference to your mental alertness in conjunction with your daily intake of NMN.
“The mind needs to keep up with the body and the body obviously then needs to keep up with the mind”
The never ending cycle..
FitandHealthyinAZ

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:52 am

30 years ago I walked into the gym and it became my church. When people look at me they refuse to believe I was born in 1960. Now genetics clearly plays a roll however the fountain of youth is consistent exercise and more specifically free weight resistance training. That said; as I have aged, my recovery time had begun to stretch out a bit too far. That is until I began researching a supplement routine and encountered NMN studies that indicated age-related muscle loss can be partially staved off with exercise, especially weight training and NMN supplementation. After 6 + months of a daily NMN routine, my recovery time is now half of what is was at the beginning of the year and surprisingly, I continue to increase the amount of weight I lift which is significant since I had plateaued for nearly a year a prior. This is my experience, will it be yours? Get in the gym, hit the weights and don't forget to take the proper daily dosage of NMN for at least 6 months and let us know!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic