NMNHormone Levels..

Newage

Hormone Levels..

Post by Newage » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:29 am

As hormone levels in older people can decrease dramatically with age and it seems much more with some individuals than others, it would be interesting to know if NMN or NAD+ had any effect on plateauing these levels or in a “perfect world” increasing them with the anti ageing properties of the molecules.
I have witnessed very poor health in some individuals with low levels of Testosterone etc..
Any feedback would be welcome.

Vandevalk1

Re: Hormone Levels..

Post by Vandevalk1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:49 pm

I could only see it helping. The whole concept of the molecule is to build up the cell walls of mitochondria to make them impermeable and resistant to outside threats to keep our cells strong and vital. Strong and properly functioning cells will keep doing the job they were intended to do for longer. so if the cells job is to produce hormones, wouldn't it make sense that it would do that longer and more efficiently?

Just my thoughts...
Newage

Post by Newage » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:54 pm

I hope you are right with your thoughts but the body being the giant chemistry set that it is the outcome unfortunately is not always black and white.
It would be helpful to monitor hormone levels before, during and after being on NMN or NAD+ for a period of time.
If it helped stabilise or increased hormone levels towards that of younger age levels, it would be another “string to the bow”.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:13 pm

I agree that NAD+ should provide more efficiency in the chemical pathways that ultimately produce various hormones. Without going into a biochemistry lesson I want to say that NAD+ influences multiple areas of our physiology. You taking the products could ultimately increase various hormone levels and allow you to feel better. Monitoring hormone levels would be interesting and if anyone is interested in doing so I would recommend using a saliva based test.
AUKC

Post by AUKC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:06 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:13 pm
I agree that NAD+ should provide more efficiency in the chemical pathways that ultimately produce various hormones. Without going into a biochemistry lesson I want to say that NAD+ influences multiple areas of our physiology. You taking the products could ultimately increase various hormone levels and allow you to feel better. Monitoring hormone levels would be interesting and if anyone is interested in doing so I would recommend using a saliva based test.
I've actually been very interested in doing such tests. But all of the home test kits I find online are either really expensive or scammy.

Do you have any potential reference websites? Perhaps a referral between alive by nature and a third party source could be interesting for those who do want to track their bodies changes while using NAD+/NMN
vandan

Post by vandan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Perhaps this requires a new thread but I have been wondering about mental health (as I always do...I am a life coach). in conjunction with NMN hormone /physiological benefits of NMN/NAD+. I make the observation that any gains in mood/hormone benefits, whilst phenomenal, should perhaps be considered alongside mental coaching.
That is, my gains are amplified and prolonged in experience if I apply mindfulness and gratitude exercises. Wondering if anyone else is practising with this combination...
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 am

The poor health that I observed in individuals and that was noted in my earlier post was in many cases as much mental as physical.
Low hormone levels or an imbalance of hormones, it seems can directly lead to many negative symptoms of the mind and body.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:02 pm

You could simply have bloodwork done during your BI-annual physical at the doctors that will show an array of your hormone levels. Maybe I will have this tested.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:28 pm

The VA has been doing a biannual full physical with a 30 point blood lab review on me for the last twenty years. My glucose, bad cholesterol, triglycerides, were elevated, blood pressure spiking to 190/110, on occasion, an I was at 232 lbs, at 77. Walking wasn't doing me much good 30 minutes a day. I started taking NMN after little results with BASIS, about two years ago. Now my Lab results are all mid range, lost 32 lbs, but most improvement was in my two Testosterone tests, that showed a 30 % increase. Ten hours of Pickleball a week from the increased stamina offered with
NMN and NAD+ , following (about an hour later) , have contributed to my chance now , after surviving through the 65-80 age of degenerative diseases
that kill you, of living well to 100+. Try dropping the 7 12 7 meal times, starting with a bowl of fruit and the NMN , followed by NAD+. Get your spurt type exercise in 3-4 times a week. Then a late full breakfast or leafy greens salad around 2. Then don't eat again until breakfast. Do this 4-5 times a week. you won't feel hunger and you'll have More energy, and your hormones will stabilize. Ben
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 pm

AUKC
I will check and see if I can provide this information to you. I use a lab that provides such tests through saliva. I will get back to you soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic