NMNDoes NMN prevent common sickness?

Rob1

Does NMN prevent common sickness?

Post by Rob1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 pm

I am curious about this topic as I have not been sick one time since I started taking NMN. I also have MTHFR gene mutation which affects/weakens the immune system so I have gotten sick many times throughout my life. I have had strep throat countless times, common cold, mono, viruses, pneumonia. I am very lucky to not have been sick the past year and a half and wondering if it is due to NMN.

Drdavid

Re: Does NMN prevent common sickness?

Post by Drdavid » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:48 pm

There are multiple benefits to using NMN and NAD. I am including a link to some research that I think you will find interesting about this topic https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3116304958
Newage

Post by Newage » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Rob1
I have noticed personally that sickness by way of general viruses and bacterial infections (influenza etc) seem to be a lot harder to catch since supplementation with NMN.
If it is a particularly bad virus and you are unlucky enough to be exposed the symptoms and the length of time of infection seems to be diminished significantly..
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:08 pm

I should think the enhanced immunity would reduce sickness.
Taking:
NMN since June, 2019 (started at 250mg, 500mg as of Oct 1st)
NAD+ nasal spray since July, 2019
Resveratrol since Sept 2019
Astaxanthin 10mg since October 20th
Blueberry concentrate 500 mg since October 20th
Berberine 250 mg since October 20th
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:36 pm

It would make sense and sounds logical. NMN boosts NAD+ levels which in turn boosts the protein SIRT1 which strengthens the cell walls of the mitochondria, making them impermeable to disease and infection.
AUKC

Post by AUKC » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:41 pm

You know, I hadn't really thought about it. But after reading this and thinking back since first starting, I haven't had the slightest sickness or feeling of being ill throughout.

Take that with a grain of salt, I also reduced sugar intake, less vegetable oils and increased natural foods/fruits.
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:21 pm

I have to agree with all of you, I havent been sick either since Ive started taking NMN. It makes sense that it strengthens the mitochondria wall around the cell therefore giving the host better immunity. :)
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:10 pm

Guys, it would be of interest to All if you note your age and history taking these products, for more creditable evidence of effect.
Most of those comments I read for those in their 30's to 50's site improved stamina, after 6-18 months of usage. But my belief is their
is a greater return for us old Guys in the 60-80 age group, noting the same increased stamina and less sickness of a common nature.

Dr Sinclairs fathjer is 80, and after only taking the same dosage of a gram/day of NMN as he takes, has displayed significant recovery of
a life style he enjoyed 25 years earlier. Dr. DS noted this in his new book, LIFESPAN. At 78, I have too. It would seem that the degenerative
cellular effects of our advanced aging benefits as much, or more than the younger cells of our juniors.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Pickleball101 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:10 pm
Guys, it would be of interest to All if you note your age and history taking these products, for more creditable evidence of effect.
Most of those comments I read for those in their 30's to 50's site improved stamina, after 6-18 months of usage. But my belief is their
is a greater return for us old Guys in the 60-80 age group, noting the same increased stamina and less sickness of a common nature.

Dr Sinclairs fathjer is 80, and after only taking the same dosage of a gram/day of NMN as he takes, has displayed significant recovery of
a life style he enjoyed 25 years earlier. Dr. DS noted this in his new book, LIFESPAN. At 78, I have too. It would seem that the degenerative
cellular effects of our advanced aging benefits as much, or more than the younger cells of our juniors.
I would agree with you Pickleball101,

as much positive results that I have noticed with NMN supplementation, the results are subtle. and from the anecdotal references I have heard from the older demographic, their results seem to be more substantial.
vandan

Post by vandan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:23 pm

This is why this forum is so great. I too have had far far fewer sickness episodes but wasn't sure if it could realistically be attributable to NMN. Off NMN I was always sick. Reading these blogs gives me more confidence in the remarkable benefits on NMN and NAD+.
Thanks for sharing everyone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic