NMNDoes NMN prevent common sickness?

smokinjoe

Re: Does NMN prevent common sickness?

Post by smokinjoe » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:19 pm

AUKC wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:41 pm
You know, I hadn't really thought about it. But after reading this and thinking back since first starting, I haven't had the slightest sickness or feeling of being ill throughout.

Take that with a grain of salt, I also reduced sugar intake, less vegetable oils and increased natural foods/fruits.
i think reducing sugar intake goes a long way towards boosting immunity, esp colds and flu.

In North America there used to be a commonly known phenomenon called the Halloween effect. The excess candy taken by kids in November led to more colds and flu in late November and December.

Male, 41
no i don't smoke :)

taking:
NAD+ nasal since August 15, 2019
NMN powder, 125 mg per day; 625 per day since Oct 1, 2019
Resveratrol 600mg, since September 15, 2019
the415

Post by the415 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:47 am

Maybe? I’m here coughing with a cold for two weeks while on nmn and resveratol. But I also have a toddler that brings home every possible germ from school. In the kids defense she was sick for 10 days before I finally caught it.

Getting sick is rare for me, diet dialed in, very active.
Asclepius

Post by Asclepius » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Getting sick is a natural bodily response and if you have a strong immune system, getting sick is a nice sign that it works!

I've been taking Res + NMN and i didn't get sick recently the last couple of times sick family visited...that wasn't the case before but tbh that most likely is entirely coincidental.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:17 pm

This is an article that discussing the immune system and NAD. You guys are right in that NAD helps the immune system become stronger. Isnt it great not getting sick?

IMMUNOMETABOLISM

NAD-biosynthetic pathways regulate innate immunity
Leah K. Billingham & Navdeep S. Chandel
Nature Immunology volume 20, pages380–382(2019)Cite this article

Article metrics
2074 Accesses

13 Altmetric

Metrics details

Recent studies indicate that macrophages utilize NAD+-biosynthetic pathways to control inflammation and cell survival during the immune response and aging.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:07 am

This is awesome as I haven't been sick either even when my staff at work or patients I see daily are sick I seem to be well and healthy! :D This alone is another example of how important NMN is for our immune system.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:12 pm

How many of you have taken the flu vaccine this year? I am trying to get an understanding if NAD/NMN supplementation helps against the flu
OzSport

Post by OzSport » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:15 am

smokinjoe wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:19 pm
AUKC wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:41 pm
You know, I hadn't really thought about it. But after reading this and thinking back since first starting, I haven't had the slightest sickness or feeling of being ill throughout.

Take that with a grain of salt, I also reduced sugar intake, less vegetable oils and increased natural foods/fruits.
i think reducing sugar intake goes a long way towards boosting immunity, esp colds and flu.

In North America there used to be a commonly known phenomenon called the Halloween effect. The excess candy taken by kids in November led to more colds and flu in late November and December.
Totally agree, reducing sugar helps heaps! Since reducing my sugar intake a couple of years ago, I definitely feel less sluggish, and I do feel my immunity has been boosted.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Candy is the least thing to worry about here in the US. Soda, sports drinks, energy drinks are the real thing that contribute to sugar here. This article may provide some useful information on this topic: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ne-system/
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:51 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:39 pm
Candy is the least thing to worry about here in the US. Soda, sports drinks, energy drinks are the real thing that contribute to sugar here. This article may provide some useful information on this topic: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ne-system/
100% Drdavid.
As we message, a very large Television Advertising Campaign is flooding our screens over here warning the population of the detrimental health issues associated with and specifically targeting one thing “Sugary Drinks”
Slowly but Surely people are getting the message. :idea:
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 pm

I too have not been sick since on NMN these past 5 months, this quote from David Sinclar provides some great insight.

"David: Oh, I absolutely do. I think you're probably right in thinking along the same lines that as you get older, you're losing the ability to make NAD, but you're also chewing it up. And as it gets worse and worse as you get older, the immune system is a big drain on NAD, and actually, so is DNA repair with the activation of PARPs. And once you drain NAD a little bit, then your PARPs and your immune system won't work, but then they'll need more NAD because you'll get more damage."
From: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/david-sinclair

Basically more NAD = better immune system!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic