NAD+ OptimizersPterostilbene

Halftime

Pterostilbene

Post by Halftime » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Pterostilbene is a natural antioxidant present in blueberries and has been found to be a significantly more potent polyphenol when compared to resveratrol.

gr8hnd

Re: Pterostilbene

Post by gr8hnd » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:05 pm

I am new. I just registered and am looking through some of the forums. I have tried pterostilbene so I wanted to view this forum especially.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:18 am

There seems to be a positive synergy between Pterostibene, Resvertrol and NMN.
All compounds seem to work with each other to benefit the body with very positive results.
David Sinclair seems to be an advocate of taking NMN in conjunction with Resvertrol.
Personally I take both compounds daily with what I see as major benefits to Health and Wellness.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:32 am

I think the question (for which there may not be a ready answer) is which compound, Pterostilbene or Resveratrol works more readily with NMN.

I think what is becoming clear is that both Resveratrol or Pterostilbene will not have much of an impact if it isn't taken with NMN. I think is it the combined effect that researchers (including Dr. Sinclair) say emulates the effects of calorie restriction and exercise.

I think we all know how to get our hands on anti-oxidants, but these more specific combinations are something new.

There is much more publicly available research on Resveratrol than Pterostilbene ...
(see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterostilbene

But we are going to have to get our hands on medical journals to get the most recent info on these lates compounds.

I note that the research on Resveratrol isn't very exciting, as it has been studied (for the Wiki article) as a stand alone, where very current research is looking at the role that NMN and Resveratrol play together.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:05 am

One of the things that we need to remember is that sometimes it is not about the active compound but the whole compound. Many times we search for the one thing that will alter life and aging. I believe that it is more likely the whole that will alter life and aging. In the United States medical model we are constantly looking for the active compound. However, many times once this active compound is found, processed and placed on patent it is found not to be effective. Why? Because the active compound needs other chemical substances found in the whole in order to be effective. My point is that at this time if you take NMN and either Reveratrol or Pterostilbene or both you will be improving the quality of your life.
I have included a study that you might find interesting regarding this topic.

Biofactors. 2018 Jan;44(1):69-82. doi: 10.1002/biof.1400. Epub 2017 Dec 6.
Effect of resveratrol and pterostilbene on aging and longevity.

Li YR1,2, Li S3, Lin CC2,4,5.
Author information
Changhua Christian Hospital, Thoracic Medicine Research center, Changhua 50006, Taiwan, Republic of China.
Institute of Biomedical Science, National Chung-Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, Republic of China.
Hubei Key Laboratory of Processing and Application of Catalytic Materials, College of Chemical Engineering, Huanggang Normal University, Huanggang, Hubei, China.
Department of Health and Nutrition, Asia University, Taichung 41354, Taiwan, Republic of China.
Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 40402, Taiwan, Republic of China.
Abstract
Over the past years, several studies have found that foods rich in polyphenols protect against age-related disease, such as atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease, cancer, arthritis, cataracts, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes (T2D), hypertension and Alzheimer's disease. Resveratrol and pterostilbene, the polyphenol found in grape and blueberries, have beneficial effects as anti-aging compounds through modulating the hallmarks of aging, including oxidative damage, inflammation, telomere attrition and cell senescence. In this review, we discuss the relationship between resveratrol and pterostilbene and possible aging biomarker, including oxidative stress, inflammation, and high-calorie diets. Moreover, we also discuss the positive effect of resveratrol and pterostilbene on lifespan, aged-related disease, and health maintenance. Furthermore, we summarize a variety of important mechanisms modulated by resveratrol and pterostilbene possibly involved in attenuating age-associated disorders. Overall, we describe resveratrol and pterostilbene potential for prevention or treatment of several age-related diseases by modulating age-related mechanisms.
© 2017 BioFactors, 44(1):69-82, 2018.
catalinaisland

Post by catalinaisland » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:34 am

I've read about the positive effects of NMN and NAD on fertility along with the effects on lactating mice and their offspring. I've also read about pterostilbene and watched the recent Podcast with Joe Rogan. I'm curious about the effects of resveratol and pterostilbene on fertility. I've noticed that when I took pterostilbene and/or resveratrol it really threw off my otherwise clockwork cycles, as have large doses of vitamin C. This is one of the main reasons I went with these products instead of Basis, because that includes the pterostilbene in it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:21 pm

catalinaisland wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:34 am
I've read about the positive effects of NMN and NAD on fertility along with the effects on lactating mice and their offspring. I've also read about pterostilbene and watched the recent Podcast with Joe Rogan. I'm curious about the effects of resveratol and pterostilbene on fertility. I've noticed that when I took pterostilbene and/or resveratrol it really threw off my otherwise clockwork cycles, as have large doses of vitamin C. This is one of the main reasons I went with these products instead of Basis, because that includes the pterostilbene in it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Disclosing: I am a male

I can only imagine that ones reproductive clock would be affected by pterostilbene and/or resveratrol, particularly along with NMN. To me that suggests that there is a change in hormone production, which could be a sign of some sort of reversal going on.

However, i think that research on this topic is very recent.

I am taking NMN with Resveratrol specifically for the "clock reversal" desired outcome. This was also a specific recommendation by Dr. Sinclair.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Canadahealthy.
I think you are right in suggesting that it has to do with hormone production.
Some of the forum users that have monitored hormone levels including me, have noted increases in the same by way of NMN and NAD+ supplementation over a period of time.
It is natural for all hormone levels to decline with age so a reversal is a great benefit to anti ageing and longevity. Hormones levels in general and the balance of hormones play a major part in wellness of the body and mind
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic