NAD+ OptimizersAstaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Vandevalk1
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by Vandevalk1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:44 pm

I guess a published study is more what I was looking for. As I do believe heavily in proven facts. That’s how I would get the peace of mind.

Until then I will take small doses more frequently!


Drdavid
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by Drdavid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 am

Vandevalk1 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:44 pm
I guess a published study is more what I was looking for. As I do believe heavily in proven facts. That’s how I would get the peace of mind.

Until then I will take small doses more frequently!
I understand using research to make some decisions regarding your health. Here is an article that might help you make some decisions on this product. Let me know if you need anything additional.

Mar Drugs. 2011; 9(3): 447–465.
Published online 2011 Mar 21. doi: 10.3390/md9030447
PMCID: PMC3083660
PMID: 21556169
Astaxanthin: A Potential Therapeutic Agent in Cardiovascular Disease
Robert G. Fassett1,2,* and Jeff S. Coombes2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3083660/
Vandevalk1
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by Vandevalk1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 am
Vandevalk1 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:44 pm
I guess a published study is more what I was looking for. As I do believe heavily in proven facts. That’s how I would get the peace of mind.

Until then I will take small doses more frequently!
I understand using research to make some decisions regarding your health. Here is an article that might help you make some decisions on this product. Let me know if you need anything additional.

Mar Drugs. 2011; 9(3): 447–465.
Published online 2011 Mar 21. doi: 10.3390/md9030447
PMCID: PMC3083660
PMID: 21556169
Astaxanthin: A Potential Therapeutic Agent in Cardiovascular Disease
Robert G. Fassett1,2,* and Jeff S. Coombes2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3083660/
Wow, a lot of great information there!
As always, thanks Drdavid!
Drdavid
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by Drdavid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:58 am

Vandevalk1 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 pm
Drdavid wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 am
Vandevalk1 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:44 pm
I guess a published study is more what I was looking for. As I do believe heavily in proven facts. That’s how I would get the peace of mind.

Until then I will take small doses more frequently!
I understand using research to make some decisions regarding your health. Here is an article that might help you make some decisions on this product. Let me know if you need anything additional.

Mar Drugs. 2011; 9(3): 447–465.
Published online 2011 Mar 21. doi: 10.3390/md9030447
PMCID: PMC3083660
PMID: 21556169
Astaxanthin: A Potential Therapeutic Agent in Cardiovascular Disease
Robert G. Fassett1,2,* and Jeff S. Coombes2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3083660/
Wow, a lot of great information there!
As always, thanks Drdavid!
You are welcome. So after reading that article have you decided on a dosage?
Vandevalk1
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by Vandevalk1 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:58 am
Vandevalk1 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 pm
Drdavid wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:55 am


I understand using research to make some decisions regarding your health. Here is an article that might help you make some decisions on this product. Let me know if you need anything additional.

Mar Drugs. 2011; 9(3): 447–465.
Published online 2011 Mar 21. doi: 10.3390/md9030447
PMCID: PMC3083660
PMID: 21556169
Astaxanthin: A Potential Therapeutic Agent in Cardiovascular Disease
Robert G. Fassett1,2,* and Jeff S. Coombes2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3083660/
Wow, a lot of great information there!
As always, thanks Drdavid!
You are welcome. So after reading that article have you decided on a dosage?
Yep, after finding that in the double-blind, randomised placebo-controlled trial, the authors found a healthy male could take 6 mg safely with no side effects, I believe that is the number I will try to stick with for now and see how it goes!

Thanks
Newage
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by Newage » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Vandevalk1.
6mg daily is the exact amount that I take, so we are both on the “same page” with dosage.
drkris69
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by drkris69 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:11 pm

I agree because when the energy producing system goes awry, the cell can become a volatile cell and the immune system must intervene and destroy that cell. Nutritionally, mitochondria are damaged by Xenobiotic molecules,(synthetic chemical compounds, environmental pollutants, toxins) and refined sugars, especially high fructose corn syrup. These xenobiotics crash through ATP energy-producing mechanisms like a bull in a china shop! What a great time to be alive with these new molecules that we are using to prolong a healthy life. :P
Drdavid
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by Drdavid » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:05 am

drkris69 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:11 pm
I agree because when the energy producing system goes awry, the cell can become a volatile cell and the immune system must intervene and destroy that cell. Nutritionally, mitochondria are damaged by Xenobiotic molecules,(synthetic chemical compounds, environmental pollutants, toxins) and refined sugars, especially high fructose corn syrup. These xenobiotics crash through ATP energy-producing mechanisms like a bull in a china shop! What a great time to be alive with these new molecules that we are using to prolong a healthy life. :P
There is controversy over high fructose corn syrup and I think most of us can agree it is probably not great for our health. The common argument is that high fructose corn syrup induces weight gain. The following study showed that high fructose corn syrup did not induce weight gain but it did cause metabolic dysregulation and altered dopamine signaling. Altering the normal neurotransmitter cascade in the complex physiological system is a recipe for disaster. I wonder did these companies know how addictive this product is?


PLoS One. 2017; 12(12): e0190206.
Published online 2017 Dec 29. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0190206
PMCID: PMC5747444
PMID: 29287121
High fructose corn syrup induces metabolic dysregulation and altered dopamine signaling in the absence of obesity
Allison M. Meyers, Conceptualization, Data curation, Investigation, Methodology, Visualization, Writing – original draft, Writing – review & editing,#1,2 Devry Mourra, Conceptualization, Data curation, Investigation, Methodology, Visualization, Writing – original draft, Writing – review & editing,#1,2 and Jeff A. Beeler, Conceptualization, Formal analysis, Methodology, Project administration, Resources, Supervision, Writing – original draft, Writing – review & editing1,2,*

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5747444/
drkris69
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by drkris69 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:31 pm

I know, right Dr David? Why would the Gov even make this stuff...(corn syrup)!!! :(
canadahealthy
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Re: Astaxanthin increases mitochondria health and extends lifespan

Post by canadahealthy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:00 pm
You asked for it. Here is another article that you might find interesting.
Inhibitory Effect of Astaxanthin on Oxidative Stress-Induced Mitochondrial Dysfunction-A Mini-Review (2018, Sep) Nutrients10(9), 1137

Suhn Hyung Kim and Hyeyoung Kim

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6165470/
Well ordered it. And a whole bunch of other stuff, vitamin c serum, retinol A... i want to be 3 years old bny Christmas
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic