NAD+ OptimizersAcute Nerve pain

Drdavid

Re: Acute Nerve pain

Post by Drdavid » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:33 pm

drpatrick wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:41 pm
I would consider using an injection of PRP, platelet rich plasma, in this situation. It is very safe as it is autologous and can help with healing and regeneration of tissue. This is also known as the O-Shot. An additional benefit is that it would likely help if there is any degree of urinary incontinence as well.

Another consideration, sometimes chronic, localized pain can be helped with a single, local injection of procaine in the area. IIRC, it has to do with resetting the action potential of the nerves in the area.

Chronic opioids tend not to be really effective for neuropathic pain. If you want to consider other types of medication, there are SNRIs (eg effexor), gabapentin, lyrica, neurontin. Of course consider side effect profiles and potential interactions with other drugs.

ChrisBON wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:16 pm
My mother who is in her late 70s, suffers from nerve pain in her urethra. I have a trapped nerve from a sports injury that is managed with Elavil, but it doesn't help with her.

Has anyone had any recent success with bad nerve pain?

She gets low dose opiates from her physician, but it barely covers it, and at times is no where near enough.
Dr. Patrick nailed it!

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:33 pm
drpatrick wrote:
I would consider using an injection of PRP, platelet rich plasma, in this situation. It is very safe as it is autologous and can help with healing and regeneration of tissue. This is also known as the O-Shot. An additional benefit is that it would likely help if there is any degree of urinary incontinence as well.

Another consideration, sometimes chronic, localized pain can be helped with a single, local injection of procaine in the area. IIRC, it has to do with resetting the action potential of the nerves in the area.

Chronic opioids tend not to be really effective for neuropathic pain. If you want to consider other types of medication, there are SNRIs (eg effexor), gabapentin, lyrica, neurontin. Of course consider side effect profiles and potential interactions with other drugs.

ChrisBON wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:16 pm
My mother who is in her late 70s, suffers from nerve pain in her urethra. I have a trapped nerve from a sports injury that is managed with Elavil, but it doesn't help with her.

Has anyone had any recent success with bad nerve pain?

She gets low dose opiates from her physician, but it barely covers it, and at times is no where near enough.
Dr. Patrick nailed it!
Perhaps but i don't think either is an option is available in Canada. If that is where ChrisBON's mother resides... is this something relatively easy to get in the US?
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019; 600mg since October 1
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019; 600mg since Dec 1, 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019; 200mg per day beginning mid November
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:25 pm

NewLifeScience wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:14 pm
Drdavid wrote:
drpatrick wrote:

Dr. Patrick nailed it!
Perhaps but i don't think either is an option is available in Canada. If that is where ChrisBON's mother resides... is this something relatively easy to get in the US?
In 2019 Canada reclassified PRP as a drug therapy. This will allow PRP to enter into the Canadian health system and possibly even be covered under National insurance. Here is a link to a clinic in Canada that offers PRP. I dont know where you are but it would be worth reaching out to them and see if they have anything near you.
https://www.regenervate.com/platelet-rich-plasma-prp/
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:20 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:25 pm
NewLifeScience wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:14 pm
Drdavid wrote:

Dr. Patrick nailed it!
In 2019 Canada reclassified PRP as a drug therapy. This will allow PRP to enter into the Canadian health system and possibly even be covered under National insurance. Here is a link to a clinic in Canada that offers PRP. I dont know where you are but it would be worth reaching out to them and see if they have anything near you.
https://www.regenervate.com/platelet-rich-plasma-prp/
Wow. This is certainly something I had never heard of, but it is definitely something I will bring up with my mother's GP. We are in Ontario and only a 1 hour flight from Toronto.

Thanks you Dr. David and Dr. Patrick!
Taking:
NMN since June, 2019 (started at 250mg, 500mg as of Oct 1st)
NAD+ nasal spray since July, 2019
Resveratrol since Sept 2019
Astaxanthin 10mg since October 20th
Blueberry concentrate 500 mg since October 20th
Berberine 250 mg since October 20th
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:55 am

there are many podcasts on the JRE about stem cell and PRP injections that you might find interesting.
episode 945 with Dr. Roddy Mcgee
episode 1066 with Mel Gibson and Dr. Neil Riordan
and many episodes with Ben Greenfield
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 am

also I have looked into this in Canada already. there are locations in the GTA, however for my situation (injections into the lower spine), I would have to go to the states and it is very expensive.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm

Vandevalk1 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 am
also I have looked into this in Canada already. there are locations in the GTA, however for my situation (injections into the lower spine), I would have to go to the states and it is very expensive.
Actually, the price has dropped significantly over the last few years. There is an orthopedic surgeon doing knee injections for $500 cash.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:58 am
Actually, the price has dropped significantly over the last few years. There is an orthopedic surgeon doing knee injections for $500 cash.
do you know of any that do spine injections?
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks again everyone!

Now comes the big sales pitch to my mother :)
Taking:
NMN since June, 2019 (started at 250mg, 500mg as of Oct 1st)
NAD+ nasal spray since July, 2019
Resveratrol since Sept 2019
Astaxanthin 10mg since October 20th
Blueberry concentrate 500 mg since October 20th
Berberine 250 mg since October 20th
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:40 pm

There are multiple physicians doing injections in the spine here in the United States.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic