NAD+ OptimizersIs Niacin a NAD+ precursor, can it work with NMN?

canadahealthy

Is Niacin a NAD+ precursor, can it work with NMN?

Post by canadahealthy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:45 pm

I have heard occasional references to Vitamin B3, which I assume means Niacin, or nicotinic acid.

Having once experienced the Niacin flush, it occurs to me that it can reach many receptors from head to toe.

So I wonder, is Niacin itself a proven NAD+ precursor? Can it be used with NMN as an affective booster?

I would assume there has already been research on this, and since I can't access research like some on here, i would like to get this addressed for those of us with less access to current research.

NewLifeScience

Re: Is Niacin a NAD+ precursor, can it work with NMN?

Post by NewLifeScience » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:33 am

canadahealthy wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:45 pm
I have heard occasional references to Vitamin B3, which I assume means Niacin, or nicotinic acid.

Having once experienced the Niacin flush, it occurs to me that it can reach many receptors from head to toe.

So I wonder, is Niacin itself a proven NAD+ precursor? Can it be used with NMN as an affective booster?

I would assume there has already been research on this, and since I can't access research like some on here, i would like to get this addressed for those of us with less access to current research.
I don't think it is a precursor to NAD+, but NAD and NADP (i think the missing plus sign may be significant).

I certainly think it is important to have in one's diet. Perhaps Fred or another member can weigh in on its significance. I think it is helpful to take in small amounts.

Here is the Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niacin
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019; 600mg since October 1; 800mg since January 2020
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019; 200mg per day beginning mid November
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee » Fri May 15, 2020 9:52 pm

NewLifeScience wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:33 am
canadahealthy wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:45 pm

I don't think it is a precursor to NAD+, but NAD and NADP (i think the missing plus sign may be significant).

I certainly think it is important to have in one's diet. Perhaps Fred or another member can weigh in on its significance. I think it is helpful to take in small amounts.

Here is the Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niacin
My understanding is that it isn't it needs to be NR NMN or NAD. Otherwise it is a vitamin of some value, but not as important as the derivatives.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Sat May 16, 2020 10:21 am

Well this is encouraging. My mom gets 100mg daily with her multivitamin. Maybe i could supplement that with another 100mg.

I don't want her to experience the niacin flush, so will definitely keep the dosage low. But these results show great promise
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019; 600mg since October 1; 800mg since January 2020
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019; 200mg per day beginning mid November
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Sun May 17, 2020 11:50 am

I'm glad i posted this question.

Every little tool helps, especially when we can just go to the pharmacy and pick it off the shelf.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic