NAD+ OptimizersPterostilbene

canadahealthy

Re: Pterostilbene

Post by canadahealthy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:45 pm

rhett wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:16 pm
I’ve been using pterostilbene because it’s also been shown to habe brain health benefits. Though David Sinclair takes Resveratrol so I’ve been questioning switching lately.
Why not both?

rhett

Post by rhett » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Honestly I’m already spending way more than I probably should on my regimen. But it’s improved my life so much I’d cut a lot of other things before I stopped taking nmn.
LucB

Post by LucB » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:08 am

Repeat dose NRPT (nicotinamide riboside and pterostilbene) increases NAD+ levels in humans safely and sustainably: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.

Dellinger RW1, Santos SR1, Morris M1, Evans M2, Alminana D1, Guarente L1,3, Marcotulli E1.
Author information
Erratum in
Erratum: Author Correction: Repeat dose NRPT (nicotinamide riboside and pterostilbene) increases NAD<sup>+</sup> levels in humans safely and sustainably: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. [NPJ Aging Mech Dis. 2018]
Abstract
NRPT is a combination of nicotinamide riboside (NR), a nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) precursor vitamin found in milk, and pterostilbene (PT), a polyphenol found in blueberries. Here, we report this first-in-humans clinical trial designed to assess the safety and efficacy of a repeat dose of NRPT (commercially known as Basis). NRPT was evaluated in a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study in a population of 120 healthy adults between the ages of 60 and 80 years. The study consisted of three treatment arms: placebo, recommended dose of NRPT (NRPT 1X), and double dose of NRPT (NRPT 2X). All subjects took their blinded supplement daily for eight weeks. Analysis of NAD+ in whole blood demonstrated that NRPT significantly increases the concentration of NAD+ in a dose-dependent manner. NAD+ levels increased by approximately 40% in the NRPT 1X group and approximately 90% in the NRPT 2X group after 4 weeks as compared to placebo and baseline. Furthermore, this significant increase in NAD+ levels was sustained throughout the entire 8-week trial. NAD+ levels did not increase for the placebo group during the trial. No serious adverse events were reported in this study. This study shows that a repeat dose of NRPT is a safe and effective way to increase NAD+ levels sustainably.
Newage

Post by Newage » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:56 am

rhett wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:16 pm
I’ve been using pterostilbene because it’s also been shown to habe brain health benefits. Though David Sinclair takes Resveratrol so I’ve been questioning switching lately.
I take 600 mg of Resveratrol and two large cups of Blueberries ( fresh in season, frozen out of season) daily, all year round.
The benefits of enhanced Brain Health from the Blueberries combined with the NMN and NAD+ have been enormous..
I have no doubt the Blueberries play a big part!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am

Same here newage I take about a cup of blueberries everyday. Love them
Newage

Post by Newage » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:38 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am
Same here newage I take about a cup of blueberries everyday. Love them
A breakfast hint coming off 16 hour overnight fast..
Half a Papaya, seeds scooped out. Fill hole with Blueberries and add teaspoon of virgin olive oil.
A good way to kick the day off and sets the body up digestion wise for the following meals. :idea:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic