I take 2 mg prescription prolonged-release melatonin (Circadin) and today ordered micronized trans-resveratrol powder to use per the Sinclair Protocol (see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1214&start=10).
Caloric restriction, resveratrol and melatonin: Role of SIRT1 and implications for aging and related-diseases
• Caloric restriction slow aging and improve late-life health.
• Several benefits of caloric restriction on aging are due to sirtuins.
• Resveratrol and melatonin promote sirtuin 1 protein expression.
• Melatonin and resveratrol are natural compounds present in several foods.
• The consumption of these agents in the diet may promote health.
www.sci-hub.se/10.1016/j.mad.2015.03.008Resveratrol, a polyphenol found in red grapes, was first known for its antioxidant and antifungal properties, and subsequently has been reported several biological effects, including the activation of sirtuins. Endogenously-produced melatonin, a powerful free radical scavenger, declines with age and its loss contributes to degenerative conditions of aging.
Recently, it was reported that melatonin also activates sirtuins, in addition to other functions, such as regulator of circadian rhythms or anti-inflammatory properties. The fact that melatonin and resveratrol are present in various foods, exhibiting possible synergistic effects, suggests the use of dietary ingredients to promote health and longevity