Miscellaneous TopicsPEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Newage
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Newage » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:55 am

“ Cellular Health At A Quantum Level”
I am lucky enough to have access to the Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy System on a daily basis for recovery, healing and general health and wellbeing. l have been using it for about 3 weeks now in conjunction with my NMN intake and have had some terrific results especially with recovery after sustained effort in training.
Three 10 mins sessions daily after going through the initial detox which is part of the process.
I drink Alkaline Water before and after the sessions as part of the protocol .
ATP production.
Oxygenation.
Circulation.
Hydration.
Detoxification.
Pain and inflammation Reduction.
Repairs bone and soft tissue.
These are some of the reported benefits.
“Another string to the bow” :idea:


User avatar
AlbertY
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by AlbertY » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:41 am

I'm not sure... PEMF seems to be a treatment for cancer or chronic pain, no significant side-effect though, I don't actually know how does it work.

However, I believe it is a consensus in academia that beneficial effects of alkaline water/diet are not supported by current scientific evidence.
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Fred
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:17 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Fred » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 am

AlbertY wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:41 am

However, I believe it is a consensus in academia that beneficial effects of alkaline water/diet are not supported by current scientific evidence.

True. Thank you for pointing this out. The old theory of some health benefits of "alkaline" vs "acid" food groups have been thoroughly debunked many times over but it still keeps popping up online and in bestselling fad diet books. Only alt. med. people still believe in the "alkaline diet" story, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

There´s no need to drink "alkaline water" or eat any special "pH-regulating" foods. The body regulates the pH of blood with minute-precision or we would all be dead. The only ones experiencing problems with metabolic acidosis are for example diabetics, and then it can become life-threatening. No healthy people can get this and it´s not influenced by food choices.

There´s a business behind "the alkaline diet" selling books, specialised alkalinizing water contraptions and mineral supplements. That is why this falsified theory is still around. It keeps making money year after year and some people NEED something to believe in. Sometimes that is "the alkaline diet" story.

Fruit and vegetables are extremely beneficial to us. But not because they are "alkaline".

"Credible laboratories have done extensive research on this subject and have proven the theory to be false, not supporting the claimed mechanism of this diet.

Due to conclusive evidence, it is not recommended by dietitians or other health professionals,[1][2] though some have noted that eating unprocessed foods as this diet recommends may have incidental health benefits unrelated to bodily pH.[2][3]

These diets have been promoted by alternative medicine practitioners, who propose that such diets treat or prevent cancer, heart disease, low energy levels, and other illnesses."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_diet

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/features/P ... -diet.aspx
Last edited by Fred on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Vandevalk1
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Vandevalk1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 am

Very interesting.

How about these PEMF therapies?
Any legitimacy on that?

I am dealing with a slow recovery of a broken bone that, after 3 months is still cracked straight through. New age states this is good for bone health. Would this be a good therapy to use? If so, who has these machines?

Thanks
User avatar
AlbertY
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by AlbertY » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Fred wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 am
AlbertY wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:41 am

However, I believe it is a consensus in academia that beneficial effects of alkaline water/diet are not supported by current scientific evidence.

True. Thank you for pointing this out. The old theory of some health benefits of "alkaline" vs "acid" food groups have been thoroughly debunked many times over but it still keeps popping up online and in bestselling fad diet books. Only alt. med. people still believe in the "alkaline diet" story, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

There´s no need to drink "alkaline water" or eat any special "pH-regulating" foods. The body regulates the pH of blood with minute-precision or we would all be dead. The only ones experiencing problems with metabolic acidosis are for example diabetics, and then it can become life-threatening. No healthy people can get this and it´s not influenced by food choices.

There´s a business behind "the alkaline diet" selling books, specialised alkalinizing water contraptions and mineral supplements. That is why this falsified theory is still around. It keeps making money year after year and some people NEED something to believe in. Sometimes that is "the alkaline diet" story.

Fruit and vegetables are extremely beneficial to us. But not because they are "alkaline".

"Credible laboratories have done extensive research on this subject and have proven the theory to be false, not supporting the claimed mechanism of this diet.

Due to conclusive evidence, it is not recommended by dietitians or other health professionals,[1][2] though some have noted that eating unprocessed foods as this diet recommends may have incidental health benefits unrelated to bodily pH.[2][3]

These diets have been promoted by alternative medicine practitioners, who propose that such diets treat or prevent cancer, heart disease, low energy levels, and other illnesses."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_diet

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/features/P ... -diet.aspx
Thanks for the detailed explanation, Fred! I have a question tho: it is well known that coffee is correlated with health and I always drink black coffee. However months ago, a friend (who is a medical student) told me that I shouldn't drink black coffee because it is too acidic and bad for my stomach. So now I always add soy/almond milk into coffee to neutralize it before drinking, but in this case, I have to intake excessive protein. I'm still a little bit skeptical, does black coffee really bad to stomach?
Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Fred
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:17 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Fred » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Some people have sensitive stomachs, others don´t. If you have no problem drinking coffee black then continue doing so. I love my coffee black. I never have anything in it. It just adds calories and takes away the taste of coffee, to me.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Newage
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Newage » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Vandevalk1 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:42 am
Very interesting.

How about these PEMF therapies?
Any legitimacy on that?

I am dealing with a slow recovery of a broken bone that, after 3 months is still cracked straight through. New age states this is good for bone health. Would this be a good therapy to use? If so, who has these machines?

Thanks
Vandevalk1.
DrDavid may wish to make a comment about
PEMF Therapy along with his view on Alkaline Water.
From his previous posts he may have experience or results from using both.
I believe that comparing the advice of more than one health professional is what “ forums” are about. It then diversifies and counterbalances some personal opinions.
Newage
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Newage » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Fred wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:53 pm
Some people have sensitive stomachs, others don´t. If you have no problem drinking coffee black then continue doing so. I love my coffee black. I never have anything in it. It just adds calories and takes away the taste of coffee, to me.
Seems to reinforce the fact that what works for some individuals does not necessarily work for others.
“Straying” away from the original topic though.
Fred
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:17 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Fred » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:36 pm

Newage wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:17 pm
Fred wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:53 pm
Some people have sensitive stomachs, others don´t. If you have no problem drinking coffee black then continue doing so. I love my coffee black. I never have anything in it. It just adds calories and takes away the taste of coffee, to me.
Seems to reinforce the fact that what works for some individuals does not necessarily work for others.
“Straying” away from the original topic though.
No. My comment on coffee has nothing to do with the facts I presented earlier to counterbalance various non-evidence based opinions on the debunked theory of "alkaline" diets.

What doesn't work, doesn't work (for any individuals).

I've said all I have to say on the subject in that post. Nothing good will come of debating other peoples alternative health beliefs.

Why? Because you can't reason with belief-systems and alt. med. faith-based "quantum healing". I practice evidence-based actual medicine based on the scientific method.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Drdavid
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: NMN and PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Drdavid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:47 pm

A reply to this string is warranted. Fred contributes outstanding information and has stimulated conversation on multiple threads. I will have to agree to disagree with Fred on this topic though.
Pulsed electromagnetic field has shown promise in multiple studies. In fact on PubMed a quick search for PEMF results in over 300 articles.
There are also reputable studies on alkaline water. In high level athletes we use this to increase hydration status and alter lactate.

As a clinician I believe that each person needs to treated in an individualized fashion. Having an open mind to find therapies that may be on the cusp of science allows advances in medicine. Some of those that practice medicine will only use what has been peer reviewed and mired in the dogma of the ivory towers of academia. While others are more willing to explore ideas with an open mind and tread into an area of the unknown in hopes that a miracle may occur. There are many things in this world that I cant explain by research but I still know they exist.

Research is fantastic and any of you that read my posts know that I post a great deal of research to back ideas. I think that in this world there is room for both types of practice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic