Miscellaneous TopicsPEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

drkris69
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by drkris69 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:28 pm

I always say,"if it can be done conservatively first,........ALWAYS,ALWAYS, ALWAYS"!!! Worst case scenario make sure if you ever have to have something done that you consult with a Neurosurgeon rather than an Orthopedic. But first, I would want to see or look at your MRI and find out how bad or what phase your disc is in. If you are in either phase 1 or 2.....then spinal disc decompression would be the route to go in. If you are a phase 3 or 4.....well this would require a surgical consult. QUESTION,........ Are you having alot of leg pain with the back pain?? If so, how far down does your leg pain go? Is your pain worse at night or first thing in the morning? Does your pain get worse with activity? :ugeek:


Vandevalk1
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Vandevalk1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:17 pm

I will be renting the iMRS machine for a months trial run starting next week. A rep will contact me to go through the set up. after the month I have the option to buy the iMRS or the Omnium1 for a discounted price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
Vandevalk1
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Vandevalk1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:24 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:28 pm
I always say,"if it can be done conservatively first,........ALWAYS,ALWAYS, ALWAYS"!!! Worst case scenario make sure if you ever have to have something done that you consult with a Neurosurgeon rather than an Orthopedic. But first, I would want to see or look at your MRI and find out how bad or what phase your disc is in. If you are in either phase 1 or 2.....then spinal disc decompression would be the route to go in. If you are a phase 3 or 4.....well this would require a surgical consult. QUESTION,........ Are you having alot of leg pain with the back pain?? If so, how far down does your leg pain go? Is your pain worse at night or first thing in the morning? Does your pain get worse with activity? :ugeek:
Yes I do receive sciatica down my left leg but only jut below my gluteus. My pain is definitely worse in the morning. getting dressed is a chore. but throughout the day there is some relief. However some activities flare it up again, and randomly. Sometimes I can do a good leg or back workout and be just fine (This is usually where I am most cautious and use proper form). Other days a jog or volleyball will set it off. A few times a year I get short term paralysis for a few hours where my breathing pattern starts spasming.
Newage
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Newage » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Vandevalk1 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:17 pm
I will be renting the iMRS machine for a months trial run starting next week. A rep will contact me to go through the set up. after the month I have the option to buy the iMRS or the Omnium1 for a discounted price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
Good for you Vandevalk1
Hopefully you see and feel significant positive results. Make sure your rental includes:
1) Full body mat
2) Pad
3) probe
The pad and probe are for enhanced treatment strength on specific injuries and parts of the body...
Keep us up to speed with your progress. :idea:
Vandevalk1
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Vandevalk1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:00 pm

will do! very excited!
Newage
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Newage » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:30 pm

Vandevalk1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:00 pm
will do! very excited!
For optimal results you will have to use it religiously on a daily basis.
Be guided by the technician, but I use it.
Daily:
Full body mat 3 x 10 min sessions on (25)
Pad on legs for injury and recovery 1 to 2 sessions for 20 mins each on (400)
Hydrate before and after sessions... :idea:
Good luck with it...
Newage
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Newage » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:48 am

Vandevalk1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:00 pm
will do! very excited!
Don’t forget that you will most likely go through a detox period for a couple of days where symptoms can appear slightly worse before improvement begins..
Drdavid
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Drdavid » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:07 am

Newage wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:48 am
Vandevalk1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:00 pm
will do! very excited!
Don’t forget that you will most likely go through a detox period for a couple of days where symptoms can appear slightly worse before improvement begins..
The detox period can appear that the PEMF is making the injury worse. Use alkaline water, hydrate and eat clean. If you increase your NAD/NMN during this period it will also help you recover quicker and allow the body to detox more efficiently.
Vandevalk1
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Port Elgin, ON, Canada

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by Vandevalk1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:16 am

Thanks for all your tips. I will be considering all these things while on the mat. I didn’t know about the detox period. So thank you for the heads up!
drkris69
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: PEMF( Pulsed Electromagnet Field Therapy)

Post by drkris69 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 am

Great advise, yes follow what newage and Dr.David recommend. After about the first week you will notice more energy and less pain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic