NAD+ OptimizersAcute Nerve pain

ChrisBON

Acute Nerve pain

Post by ChrisBON » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:16 pm

My mother who is in her late 70s, suffers from nerve pain in her urethra. I have a trapped nerve from a sports injury that is managed with Elavil, but it doesn't help with her.

Has anyone had any recent success with bad nerve pain?

She gets low dose opiates from her physician, but it barely covers it, and at times is no where near enough.

Taking:
NMN since June, 2019 (started at 250mg, 500mg as of Oct 1st)
NAD+ nasal spray since July, 2019
Resveratrol since Sept 2019
Astaxanthin 10mg since October 20th
Blueberry concentrate 500 mg since October 20th
Berberine 250 mg since October 20th
Vandevalk1

Re: Acute Nerve pain

Post by Vandevalk1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:41 am

ChrisBON wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:16 pm
My mother who is in her late 70s, suffers from nerve pain in her urethra. I have a trapped nerve from a sports injury that is managed with Elavil, but it doesn't help with her.

She gets low dose opiates from her physician, but it barely covers it, and at times is no where near enough.
Cooled radio-frequency ablation or C-FRA is a good option to look into.
If you have exhausted all efforts within your power using non invasive modalities (I.e. stretching, massage therapy) and are not a candidate for surgery than I would look into this.

The theory of this procedure is to burn or lesion the end of the suspect nerve that keeps sending the chronic pain signals using electrical current through probes that are inserted into the area in question.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:51 pm

ChrisBON wrote:

Sorry to hear about your mother. Nerve pain is hard enough without having doctors who are afraid to prescribe enough pain medication to manage it.

Can she take Acetaminophen along with her pain pills? As long as she stays near 3 grams per day max, it may work well with the opiate (unless it already has Acetaminophen mixed with it).

I am convinced that regular use of NAD+ helps me with pain (back, other aches have all but disappeared) but the pain your are describing sounds worse than normal aches and pains.

It can't hurt to try NAD+ though... it may help.
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:16 am

ChrisBON wrote:

I had a friend that suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia, intense nerve pain in the face.
It disappeared for years after being treated by an old Chinese Acupuncturist who was highly qualified in the traditional treatment.
The old practitioner did say he was one of the very few that had successfully treated this painful nerve condition.
The practitioners are out there if you research their whereabouts...
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Newage wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:16 am
ChrisBON wrote:

I had a friend that suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia, intense nerve pain in the face.
It disappeared for years after being treated by an old Chinese Acupuncturist who was highly qualified in the traditional treatment.
The old practitioner did say he was one of the very few that had successfully treated this painful nerve condition.
The practitioners are out there if you research their whereabouts...
Hmm i have thought of acupuncture... it is just that the sources i have looked at (mostly WikiPedia) don't reference any evidence to their efficacy...

have you any links to positive evidence that this works?
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019; 600mg since October 1; 800mg since January 2020
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019; 200mg per day beginning mid November
Newage

Post by Newage » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:40 pm

I have received significant personal benefits from acupuncture along with a lot of stated benefits from associates and family.
I tend to form opinions on all alternative health practices by way of personal experiences.
Onus on other people’s general experience and results can be clouded by their interpretation and placebo effects.
Drdavid has some solid views on acupuncture and may comment on this thread for you about the evidence and the effectiveness of the treatment.. :idea:
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:05 am

I would suggest CBD (Isolate if worried about THC or Full Spectrum if you want more potency / broader benefits with small amounts of THC) a natural anti-inflammatory, help with chronic pain and has muscle relaxing properties that ease pressure on painful nerves. Its painkilling effect is also well-known.

It does have side affects like aiding in sleeping, anti-tumor / cancer and reduces anxiety ..the list goes on. Actually more like potentially a dry mouth have not heard of much else. Its not the miracle cure but has to be one of the safest know drugs will not kill you like most pain killers can.

Key is finding reputable CBD supply and starting on the lowest dose and continuing to build dose until sweet spot hit as everyones tolerance levels are different.
drpatrick

Post by drpatrick » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:41 pm

I would consider using an injection of PRP, platelet rich plasma, in this situation. It is very safe as it is autologous and can help with healing and regeneration of tissue. This is also known as the O-Shot. An additional benefit is that it would likely help if there is any degree of urinary incontinence as well.

Another consideration, sometimes chronic, localized pain can be helped with a single, local injection of procaine in the area. IIRC, it has to do with resetting the action potential of the nerves in the area.

Chronic opioids tend not to be really effective for neuropathic pain. If you want to consider other types of medication, there are SNRIs (eg effexor), gabapentin, lyrica, neurontin. Of course consider side effect profiles and potential interactions with other drugs.

ChrisBON wrote:

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:52 pm

CBD and NAD+ - I think they have nailed it - my next purchase, interesting to see how this goes

https://alivebynature.com/product-category/cenergy/
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Boxcost wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:52 pm
CBD and NAD+ - I think they have nailed it - my next purchase, interesting to see how this goes

https://alivebynature.com/product-category/cenergy/
I found this product to burn the sinuses more than regular NAD nasal spray... has anyone else noticed this?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic