NMNNMN Homeostasis

p75213

Re: NMN Homeostasis

Post by p75213 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:03 am

Lawrence has shared the following;

My involvement with NMN began in March 2014 when I assembled a group-buy of 7 males, aged 45 to 69, to begin an 8-month test program of NMN supplementation. Since that time, that group has grown to over 100 male and female, friends and family. We have tested doses ranging from 40 mgs to 7,200 mgs per day. We have tested capsule, pill, sublingual, and liquid delivery methods of NMN. We have tested single daily dosing to 8-times-per-day dosing. As success parameters we have tracked objective improvements in blood biomarkers. We discovered very early on that the efficacy of NMN-only supplementation dropped substantially after the first 2 months, unless other anti-aging pathways were also activated to create a homeostatic balance within the body. We reacted to new discoveries as they were published. Our past 5 years of testing, combined with our reviews of the hundreds of published studies, has led us to conclude that the current iteration of our NMN formulation provides us the best results with objective improvements in a broad range of blood biomarkers and improvement in biological age as measured by www.aging.ai .

My personal dosing experimentation is as detailed on the attachment:

I am currently 215 pounds so my daily dose of 300 mgs works out to 1.4 mgs per pound or 3 mgs per kg. I take each capsule 1 to 2 hours apart, 7 days a week and try to have taken my last capsule by 3 pm so as to not interfere with my sleep.

https://www.longecity.org/forum/index.p ... h_id=16040

drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 am

p75213 thanks for sharing. Do you find that ABN's products are superb to others?? And would you say that the others in your group are getting the same results across the board that you are? :ugeek:
p75213

Post by p75213 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:35 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 am
p75213 thanks for sharing. Do you find that ABN's products are superb to others?? And would you say that the others in your group are getting the same results across the board that you are? :ugeek:
Hi drkris69,
Lawrence is a member over at longecity who has done a lot of self experimentation on himself regarding nmn dosage and taking additional molecules to prevent homeostasis. It will be clearer if you read the first post in this topic.
I should have enclosed the text in quotes, but working on a mobile phone is a bit fiddly
p75213

Post by p75213 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:54 pm

I wonder if ABN NAD+ Energizer does something similar to Lawrence's Antioxidant Defense Activator?
p75213

Post by p75213 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:03 am

This is worth reading. From the patent holder.

http://www.egaceutical.com/science/mech ... a-product/
p75213

Post by p75213 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:13 pm

More from Lawrence at longecity:

"My involvement with NMN began in March 2014 when I assembled a group-buy of 7 males, aged 45 to 69, to begin an 8-month test program of NMN supplementation. Since that time, that group has grown to over 100 male and female, friends and family. We have tested doses ranging from 40 mgs to 7,200 mgs per day. We have tested capsule, pill, sublingual, and liquid delivery methods of NMN. We have tested single daily dosing to 8-times-per-day dosing. As success parameters we have tracked objective improvements in blood biomarkers. We discovered very early on that the efficacy of NMN-only supplementation dropped substantially after the first 2 months, unless other anti-aging pathways were also activated to create a homeostatic balance within the body. We reacted to new discoveries as they were published. Our past 5 years of testing, combined with our reviews of the hundreds of published studies, has led us to conclude that the current iteration of our NMN formulation provides us the best results with objective improvements in a broad range of blood biomarkers and improvement in biological age as measured by www.aging.ai .

My personal dosing experimentation is as detailed on the attachment:

I am currently 215 pounds so my daily dose of 300 mgs works out to 1.4 mgs per pound or 3 mgs per kg. I take each capsule 1 to 2 hours apart, 7 days a week and try to have taken my last capsule by 3 pm so as to not interfere with my sleep."

https://www.longecity.org/forum/index.p ... h_id=16040

Just to be clear. He is now taking 60mg of NMN 5 times a day with an Antioxidant Activator (possibly something like ABN NAD+ energizer or resveratrol or sulphoraphane) and a substance which enhances the bioavailability of the NMN.
Fred

Post by Fred » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:06 am

Where is the animal data showing that NMN stops working (activating SIRT1) with continuous administration? I haven´t seen proof of any "NMN homeostasis" but please share the evidence of such an effect.

If you take more precursors than your body can use it just seems to be metabolized into other molecules and excreted in the urine or reentering the salvage pathway.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic