NMNNMN and Out Patient Procedures

Pickleball101

NMN and Out Patient Procedures

Post by Pickleball101 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Recently there was a request here for guidance on taking NMN into surgery. I've not had hospitalized major surgery ever in my 79 years, but in the last two years while taking NMN and in the near past year, NAD+ together, I've had the following Out-Patient procedures, under anesthesia.
My left shoulder was knocked out of joint, rearward, and relocated. Then that shoulder was later cleaned out of arthritis using an arthroscopic procedure. Soon after a right knee meniscus tear was repaired, the same way, and then my plumbing, both hemorrhoid and Trans-urethral were repaired. Now I'm ready to blow thru 100. But the gist of all these minor surgical repairs is that they were All done taking NMN and some with both NAD+ (recently). Lab blood work taken before each procedure did not raise any alarms. I've also taken bi- annual VA physicals for 15 years with a 30 point blood testing that raised no concern by my doctor. In fact , all points are in the mid range of a much younger person. Comparing past higher levels of two that were of concern in prior years, my elevated glucose and triglycerides, have now retreated to mid range too.
So whats to be learned from this? Some would say nothing, without scientific irrefutable blind studies of my clone. Then there would have to be years of observation for any anomalies, while medical papers posted were argued by those with titles of authority.
At 79, I don't have time for this. I'll just keep on taking my NMN and now NAD+ silently, enjoying what I KNOW is a better, healthier life style to get me to 100.
Ben , 79. NMN and NAD+, 250mg/day each with 600mg resveratrol. Prayer.

Fred

Re: NMN and Out Patient Procedures

Post by Fred » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:50 pm

It's great that your MD chose to continue with supplements pre-surgery and that it worked for you without issues.

But just to be clear for anyone else reading this: if your MD tells you to quit all supplements before surgery that means ALL supplements. You don't pick and choose based on something you've read online. Work with your MD as Pickleball did.
Fred
Registered dietitian, Sweden.
Drdavid

Re: NMN and Out Patient Procedures

Post by Drdavid » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 am

Agreed. There are so many interactions with supplements that it is imperative to stop when the doctor says stop. If you are making a choice to stay on a supplement please let your doctor know. It may save your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic