NMN95 year old commencing NMN use

Pigeon

95 year old commencing NMN use

Post by Pigeon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:25 am

A dear friend of mine must be one of the worlds greatest advocates for a healthy medication free lifestyle. 95 in early April, she lives alone with her little dog In the beautiful Barossa Valley and together they live a clean life with good food and vitamin and at least a dozen important mineral supplements. In fact her wonderful vitality and health are what initially attracted me to the world of quality supplements, and apart from some hearing loss, her Doctors are continually amazed by her general health, vitality and attitude to life. Ellen simply refuses to use western medications and has possibly never even taken paracetamol. Until recently she was volunteering at the local nursing home, helping out the nurses with the “oldies”, and she regularly bakes delicious cakes for many fortunate locals in her town. When her little 10 year old dog recently became ill (losing his fur coat and very irritated skin), and nothing the vet could recommend either worked or appealed, I suggested she consider trying him on some of my NMN sub lingual tablets. Never slow to try a newly proven or discovered supplement, her curiosity was sufficiently piqued and she asked me to order some NMN for her and her pet. They arrived in due course and both commenced after I dropped them off to her yesterday, Ellen is on quite limited income naturally so in the interests of economy commenced taking 375mg, and Laddee is Being administered 125mg, crushed and into his mouth directly. I can’t wait to see how things go from here and will keep members informed along the way. Coincidentally I too commenced on NMN yesterday, also 375mg but supplemented with Metformin 500mg and Resveretrol 500mg. None of us are expecting miracles, but it will be especially interesting to see how a 95 year reacts to this molecule, and any improvement in Laddee’s condition will be a bonus of course.

Newage

Re: 95 year old commencing NMN use

Post by Newage » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:37 am

Great story Pigeon.
Keep us informed with the progress of all involved including the little 🐕
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:26 am

Yes thank you for sharing that pigeon. Curious to see what happens.
Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:15 am

Just a quick update. Ellen reported this evening that her little dog Laddee had sparked up remarkably in the three days since his commencement on NMN. She is delighted, As he has almost stopped scratching himself and his appetite for a walk has returned to where it was months ago before his condition set in. Ellen said she has yet to notice any measurable benefits in her own heath or well being, but she is in such remarkable health generally that this hardly surprised me. I realised also that she is in fact 95 already, and in a few weeks will turn 96, so I had previously sold her short a year! Personally, since commencing my 375mg daily dose on Monday I have yet to feel any changes either, however my blood pressure measurements each evening since the first reading I took 24 hours after my first dose have been lower than I have seen for many years. I have suffered with moderate hypertension For around 15 years and even with medication, I generally read around 140/90 in the evenings, yet two nights in a row now I have been astonished that my numbers have been bordering on too low at 115/75 any 118/70. Is this kind of thing really possible this quickly (or indeed at all) with this moderate dosage of NMN, or do I put this down to some kind of anomaly or perhaps a placebo effect or maybe even something more sinister developing?
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 am

Both stories are incredible. Keep us updated on the progress as it continues
ALIVEBYNATURE

Post by ALIVEBYNATURE » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:48 am

Pigeon wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:15 am
Just a quick update. Ellen reported this evening that her little dog Laddee had sparked up remarkably in the three days since his commencement on NMN. She is delighted, As he has almost stopped scratching himself and his appetite for a walk has returned to where it was months ago before his condition set in. Ellen said she has yet to notice any measurable benefits in her own heath or well being, but she is in such remarkable health generally that this hardly surprised me. I realised also that she is in fact 95 already, and in a few weeks will turn 96, so I had previously sold her short a year! Personally, since commencing my 375mg daily dose on Monday I have yet to feel any changes either, however my blood pressure measurements each evening since the first reading I took 24 hours after my first dose have been lower than I have seen for many years. I have suffered with moderate hypertension For around 15 years and even with medication, I generally read around 140/90 in the evenings, yet two nights in a row now I have been astonished that my numbers have been bordering on too low at 115/75 any 118/70. Is this kind of thing really possible this quickly (or indeed at all) with this moderate dosage of NMN, or do I put this down to some kind of anomaly or perhaps a placebo effect or maybe even something more sinister developing?
I am skeptical the NMN could lower BP that quickly, but guess it's possible. Will be interested to hear if it remains lower for more than a few days.
Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Sad follow up post. My elderly friend had no choice but to have her little dog euthanised. Unfortunately although there was certainly some improvement in his condition it was obviously too advanced at the commencement of administration.

As far as my personal blood pressure goes, since commencement on nmn I have noticed quite significant variations in readings, and especially between late evening and morning readings. These variations have always been present to an extent, but have certainly increased. Im now getting anything from 155/105 mornings to 105/65 late evening. Possibly not a great thing as I understand it, although the lower readings are quite a lot lower than I have seen for years. Any thoughts on why this may be happening? I am still taking my prescription BP medication.
Newage

Post by Newage » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:00 pm

I have heard off similar BP fluctuations and these could also be attributed to mind set and anxiety levels.
Being a type A person can contribute to this..
BP can be naturally higher in the morning and I believe can drop late or throughout the night.
I would suggest you ask your GP for a referral for a 24 hour BP monitor which will give you a more realistic 24 hour average. :idea:
rhett

Post by rhett » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Very sorry to hear about your friend’s dog. Please do keep up with the updates though! Great to hear reports especially of someone 95 years old.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:22 am

From a level of borderline high blood pressure, taking Vitamin D brought it down noticeable within a couple of days (Vit D deficiency known to contribute to high blood pressure), so maybe a bit of recent sunshine exposure has had a quick effect. Taking NMN has had no noticeable effect on my blood pressure at any time during the day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic