NMNTaking extra NMN during Corona virus

Swisstrader

Re: Taking extra NMN during Corona virus

Post by Swisstrader » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:50 pm

May sound a bit nutty, but went to bed about a week ago and woke up with night sweats and a soaking we tee shirt. Thought for certain I had the virus and body felt like crap. Immediately went to the fridge to grab 500mg of my NMN and within a half hour, everything went back to normal.

OK, so while I would love to think that the virus shot through my body and decided that between the NMN and being vegan, it decided I was not the most hospitable host, but probably all in my head!

Newage

Post by Newage » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Swisstrader wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:50 pm
May sound a bit nutty, but went to bed about a week ago and woke up with night sweats and a soaking we tee shirt. Thought for certain I had the virus and body felt like crap. Immediately went to the fridge to grab 500mg of my NMN and within a half hour, everything went back to normal.

OK, so while I would love to think that the virus shot through my body and decided that between the NMN and being vegan, it decided I was not the most hospitable host, but probably all in my head!
Maybe a Nightmare about the virus caused the night sweats etc...
I’m sure the trying times are etched into our subconscious in some way.
Either way the 500mg of NMN would have had a positive benefit.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:55 am

I also had the sweats and chills, literally for the first time ever in my life in January. Funnily enough, it was after getting a package from China... I had made a comment to a friend who was with me, "oh, oh.. we're going to get the virus".

Apparently he had a far worse time, and had to be in a hot bath on and off, for 2 days.

I doubt it was the coronavirus, but we definitely both had some sort of flu,

Sweats and chills - not fun.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:40 am

Boxcost wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:02 am
I have been on NMN the past 9 months and have not been sick, on this forum many if not all people that post who boost NAD report the same. For me through the flu season with nothing although there we a couple of times I felt something coming, thought maybe, but then in the end all good! This quote from David Sinclar provides some great insight.

"David: Oh, I absolutely do. I think you're probably right in thinking along the same lines that as you get older, you're losing the ability to make NAD, but you're also chewing it up. And as it gets worse and worse as you get older, the immune system is a big drain on NAD, and actually, so is DNA repair with the activation of PARPs. And once you drain NAD a little bit, then your PARPs and your immune system won't work, but then they'll need more NAD because you'll get more damage."
From: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes/david-sinclair

I think Corona virus chews up a lot of NAD, the less NAD you have the more likely you will die anyway. Example, kids almost seem to be immune (all full of NAD) vs people that are older or compromised health insert here diabetes, obese, smoker, just old, etc = reduced NAD and higher risk of significant impacts again worst case being death.
I think it is trickier that that.

Ther deadlier viruses (like flu) tend to turn your immune system against your tissues. The older people are, the more immune responses they have developed.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:49 am

Keep in mind that one of the reasons the world is so concerned about the COVID-19 is because it is a novel virus. This means that are immune system does not have any signals on how to recognize it. This novel state is one of the reasons it is serious. At first we though the younger people were not going to be effected by this virus but those thoughts have changed. It does attack younger people as well so they should be diligent about maintaining distance. Many times the younger people have less symptoms but they can still spread the virus and this can be deadly. They go see grandma with the kids and now she is exposed. Be careful during this crisis and stay healthy!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Yes please take this virus seriously, I have a friend who is very fit eats well and trains everyday. He has the virus and has told me he has never been this sick before. He's been hospitalized and one of his Doctor's has told him he will have permanent lung damage. All I can say is everyone keep taking all of your supplements, get plenty of rest and try to keep your stress levels to a minimum.
Newage

Post by Newage » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:17 pm

drkris69 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:25 pm
Yes please take this virus seriously, I have a friend who is very fit eats well and trains everyday. He has the virus and has told me he has never been this sick before. He's been hospitalized and one of his Doctor's has told him he will have permanent lung damage. All I can say is everyone keep taking all of your supplements, get plenty of rest and try to keep your stress levels to a minimum.
Sorry to hear about your friend drkris69.
As a matter of interest was your friend taking NMN or NAD+ prior to catching the virus.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:46 am

No but he takes everything but NMN or NAD. Ive sent him articles on NMN to read so Im sure he will try it. Finally after 3 weeks, he is feeling better and going home to rest and recover.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:17 am

It is good to hear that he is recovering because many do not. NAD does appear to provide therapeutic results for this virus
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:13 am

Glad to here that friends are recovering. From what I've read in this article in Sciencemag.org it sounds like the virus can attack many other parts of the body not just the lungs, and blood clotting is a particular risk so it would probably be a good idea if we have a stock of Aspirin to take if we were unfortunate enough to catch the virus.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04 ... id=3290441
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic