NMNBeating Coronavirus with NMN

Pickleball101

Beating Coronavirus with NMN

Post by Pickleball101 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:39 am

This morning I arose at 6am, with plans to avoid all shoppers at my community grocers for my weekly run.
Donned with a N-95 mask ordered last 24 Jan. on the 1st Alert, surgical gloves , and a plan to access a credit
card alone in a pocket to pay with, avoiding all contact otherwise on my person, I approached the store in first light.
I couldn't find a parking place. In my golfing resort community, the old folks had been planning the same strategy since 5 am.
Now how the hell are you going to protect yourself from this "unprotected" crowd? Not a N-95 or glove in sight. And their baskets
were filled with snacks.. few essentials.

In his book LIFESPAN, Dr. Sinclair offers some hope, as well as his recent post when his lab was closed. Sugar avoidance.
In both reports , he mentioned NMN has the ability to help overcome insulin intolerance and allow the continuing nutrients to enter the cell
to regenerate new cells needed throughout our bodies most needed for health. In his recent report, a singular point was reiterated, cut down
on sugar to combat the coronavirus. Allow the NMN to boost our immune system, especially in those over 65. I hear that Loud and Clear, with
my next birthday at 80. And I don't need an authoritative judgement of my living opinion. I know what works for me, and that's ALL I'm claiming.

After turning my declining health around three years ago with a Keto diet approach, limiting sweets after a singular main meal of the day,
Pickelball play 8-10 hours /week, and NMN /NAD+ daily dosages of 250 mg Subl. each, plus 1000 mg of resveratrol , my health , stamina,
cognitive level, and sense of well being returned to what I had known in my 60's.

Returning home with my fruit, essentials, and more Grits, I reflected on how many times from the store I had breached hand sterility.
Frustrated, I realized that I can't live that way, my life dependent on an aging short term memory.
So I'm doubling up on my NMN/ NAD+/ resveratrol. My faith in Dr. Sinclair's discoveries and his simple path to good heath is my standard.
In reflection, all my needs have always been met. History seems to provide us with a Dr. Sinclair when most needed.
My Prayer is you find his lead and your own Faith as we approach this storm together.
Ben Yglesias , 79. 500 mg NMN subl/NAD+ gel , each daily, 1000 resveratrol.

rhett

Re: Beating Coronavirus with NMN

Post by rhett » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:22 am

We know that the immune system is a huge consumer of nad+ so I think this is a great idea. I am also very much continuing my nmn for sure. It’s not magic for sure, but doing everything you can to keep immune system running well.
Newage

Post by Newage » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:46 am

Well posted Ben.
A reflection on the benchmark that David Sinclair sets. You are right in saying that we are all up against one of Mother Nature’s...
“ Not so perfect Storms” and we all have to do our best to weather it together and come out the other side intact..
Fred

Post by Fred » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Hopefully, the Ebola and Malaria-drugs remdesivir and chloroquine phosphate/hydroxychloroquine will have an antiviral effect while waiting for an effective vaccine to save lives.

In the long-run, only mass immunization with a drug vaccine and eventual herd immunity will tame this deadly pandemic.

We will beat Coronavirus with science, sacrifices, and solidarity.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:29 pm

What about antivirals like acyclovir. it is for the herpes family of viruses, but it could help also?
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019; 600mg since October 1; 800mg since January 2020
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019; 200mg per day beginning mid November
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:04 am

Currently there is no drugs approved for the treatment of the novel corona virus in the United States. No vaccines have been approved in the United States for this virus either. There have been some reports that a malaria drug and an antibiotic offer some benefits and possibly even some protection however, human trials have just started so the data is inconclusive.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 pm

I am taking a slightly higher dose of NMN and Resveratrol in the hopes in boosts my immune system. But if i do test positive (no need for tests yet where i live) i will stop NMN until i recover.
Male, 41
no i don't smoke :)

taking:
NAD+ nasal since August 15, 2019
NMN powder, 125 mg per day; 625 per day since Oct 1, 2019
Resveratrol 600mg, since September 15, 2019
the415

Post by the415 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Personally, I'd use NMN to increase the immune system defenses but immediately stop if you caught a cold or what seems like Covid-19. Increased immune response is what is theorized (or proven?) to increase the severity of Covid-19 symptoms and why men are hit harder than women. You wouldn't want to exacerbate those problems. I caught a bad cold & cough this year that lasted a couple months and every time I took NMN my cough became exponentially worse within 1-2 hours. I daily journaled and stopped all other supplements it was easy to see the connection. Stopping NMN allowed me to slowly recover. My 2cents.
ALIVEBYNATURE

Post by ALIVEBYNATURE » Tue May 19, 2020 6:22 pm

the415 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:39 pm
Personally, I'd use NMN to increase the immune system defenses but immediately stop if you caught a cold or what seems like Covid-19. Increased immune response is what is theorized (or proven?) to increase the severity of Covid-19 symptoms and why men are hit harder than women.

Increased immune response (the cytokine storm) certainly is associated with more severe response.

But the increased response may be a problem because it excessively consumes NAD+, which doesnt leave enough for other vital functions.

We know NAD+ drops about 80% with Covid.

To me, it seems a strong parallel with all other disease and illness that increase inflamation and consume NAD+.

As we age, increased inflammation increases, NAD+ decreases, so less is available for energy and repair.

No different from increased immune response from Covid.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Wed May 20, 2020 12:16 pm

During the COVID-19 outbreak we were able to treat several front line staff members with NAD+ IV. We saw immediate improvement in lab values and each patient felt improvement in energy and the ability to breathe by the end of the IV. Although we do not completely understand the mechanism of NAD+ on the COVID-19 virus it is apparent clinically that it does improve outcomes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic