NMNOptimal uptake?

Andreas

Optimal uptake?

Post by Andreas » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:15 am

I just got my first shipment of NMN (240 ct SL Tablets) along with some Resveratrol. The question I’m posing, which I’m sure has been asked and answered before on this forum ( but I’m proving inept at finding) is:

How do you ensure optimal uptake of MNM (and Resveratrol)? What do you take it with (eat/drink/etc.), to ensure the you get the most bang for your buck? (Obviously the SL tabs are not mixed in a cocktail, but do you take them after you've eaten something?)

I plan to take 4x125mg NMN Sl tabs in the course of the day, along with 2x500mg of Resveratrol. I’m sure there are others here that have hacked a good routine, so I’m very curious what works well (if there are any “definitely don’t do this”, then that would also be appreciated, as I’m all for learning from others mistakes).

NewLifeScience

Re: Optimal uptake?

Post by NewLifeScience » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:34 pm

The amount you are considering for NMN sounds about right. If you are planning to take it throughout the day, wisdom in this forum is to avoid it after dinner (supper) as it has been known to affect dreams/sleep a bit.

I started at 250 per day and ended up at 500, with the occasional 1-2 day break.
I take 800mg of resveratrol and have learned on here that taking it with dietary fats will boost its bio-availability.

After about 6 weeks if not sooner, you should begin noticing changes, depending on what if any age related ailments you suffer from.

A good read, although anecdotal is by CeeBeeJay: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1644 "The curious case of the self resolving lumbar injury". It gives one pause for thought.

But, like i reminding everyone, I am not taking it to experience current health improvements (although i do notice more strength and stamina), I take it as part of a life and health extension program. And 500mg of NMN seemed to be the magic threshold for me, where i felt the difference.
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019; 600mg since October 1; 800mg since January 2020
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019; 200mg per day beginning mid November
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:45 am

Yep I agree with newlifescience. After a couple of weeks you should notice an increase in energy and stamina and an overall feeling of wellbeing. I dont know of any other supplement out there that makes you feel this good.
Andreas

Post by Andreas » Fri May 01, 2020 2:34 am

NewLifeScience wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:34 pm

The amount you are considering for NMN sounds about right. If you are planning to take it throughout the day, wisdom in this forum is to avoid it after dinner (supper) as it has been known to affect dreams/sleep a bit.

I started at 250 per day and ended up at 500, with the occasional 1-2 day break.
I take 800mg of resveratrol and have learned on here that taking it with dietary fats will boost its bio-availability.
Excellent. Thank you :) I have three other questions:

1. Why do people space out their intake of NMN over the course of a day, instead of taking all in one sitting (or in my case doing 4 pills after each other)? Is there any documented improved effect to spacing it out, as opposed to getting the full dose at once?

2. Can NMN be taken on an empty stomach and without worrying about how close to meals it is taken?

3. I do time restricted feeding and skip breakfast. Since Resveratrol shouldn't be taken on an empty stomach, I'm probably going to opt for a bit of greek yogurt (inspired by Dr. David's "breakfast"), along with some cod oil and perhaps some olive oil. I need to figure out how little greek yogurt I can eat without breaking my fast, but still ensure optimal uptake. Do you do something similar?
NewLifeScience wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:34 pm
A good read, although anecdotal is by CeeBeeJay: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1644 "The curious case of the self resolving lumbar injury". It gives one pause for thought.
Thank you. It's definitely interesting.
Like you I'm taking NMN as part of a life and health extension program. I was very inspired by Dr. David's "Lifespan" and hope that by getting onboard earlyish (I'm 44), that I can help extend my healthy, productive and enjoyable life beyond what I might have had in store had I done nothing.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Fri May 01, 2020 3:00 am

Hi Andreas, similar to you (just a bit older at 51) I was inspired by Lifespan and started taking the NMN and Resveratrol about 4 months ago. Like you I also skip the breakfast and had the same thoughts about what that means in terms of fast breaking if one takes the Resveratrol with Greek yoghurt and olive oil, so my solution was to just take it at lunchtime when I have my first meal of the day. Like you though I'd be interested to hear what others think about doing it this way.

Currently, I do have a bit of NMN sublingually first thing in the morning, but again take the bulk of it at lunchtime. Having experimented a bit over taking all the NMN in one hit first thing or spreading it out, I have to say that I haven't noticed any difference one way or the other, but again I'd be interested to hear what others say on this subject. (Albeit having a bit of NMN first thing does appear to coincide with a new personal best on the exercise bike first thing in the morning though this could just be the placebo effect).

The other thing I was considering was actually moving both my mealtimes much earlier so I take the resveratrol earlier in the day meaning effectively skipping dinner, but having the same length of fasting time i.e. around 18 hours - the question here being would that make any difference at all to the benefits one derives from the overall regime? Looking forward to hearing other peoples views.
Newage

Post by Newage » Fri May 01, 2020 5:22 pm

My last meal is before 5pm and first meal is at 9am (16 hours) or 11am (18 hours).
I alternate depending on the daily circumstances
Taking NMN or NAD+ from all reports will not effect your intermittent fast.
I take all other supplements including Resveratrol with the first meal of the day (after the above times) which includes Virgin Olive and Walnut oil. Works well for me....
OzSport

Post by OzSport » Sat May 02, 2020 10:23 pm

We take NMN in the morning after breakfast and at night time after dinner, and so far, no crazy dreams (knock on wood)! :D
Newage

Post by Newage » Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 pm

OzSport wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:23 pm
We take NMN in the morning after breakfast and at night time after dinner, and so far, no crazy dreams (knock on wood)! :D
The dreams only seem to come at the beginning of the supplementation. I use to love the vivid projections when I was initially experiencing them. I could even fly unaided in one reoccurring dream. It was a buzz..
Andreas

Post by Andreas » Mon May 04, 2020 6:24 am

RobSmith wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:00 am
Currently, I do have a bit of NMN sublingually first thing in the morning, but again take the bulk of it at lunchtime. Having experimented a bit over taking all the NMN in one hit first thing or spreading it out, I have to say that I haven't noticed any difference one way or the other, but again I'd be interested to hear what others say on this subject. (Albeit having a bit of NMN first thing does appear to coincide with a new personal best on the exercise bike first thing in the morning though this could just be the placebo effect).

Interesting. I'm also hoping to hear more from others about the benefits of taking them all at once or throughout the day.
RobSmith wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:00 am
The other thing I was considering was actually moving both my mealtimes much earlier so I take the resveratrol earlier in the day meaning effectively skipping dinner, but having the same length of fasting time i.e. around 18 hours - the question here being would that make any difference at all to the benefits one derives from the overall regime? Looking forward to hearing other peoples views.

I agree. I'm also contemplating shifting my meal times, after reading about the positive effects of it.
Newage wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:22 pm
I take all other supplements including Resveratrol with the first meal of the day (after the above times) which includes Virgin Olive and Walnut oil. Works well for me....
Sorry, if I'm a bit slow. Does this mean that you also take all the NMN with your first meal of the day?
OzSport wrote:
Good to hear that you have no crazy dreams! :lol: Why do you to take the NMN spread out over the day, instead of all at once?
OzSport

Post by OzSport » Sat May 16, 2020 11:16 pm

OzSport wrote:
Good to hear that you have no crazy dreams! :lol: Why do you to take the NMN spread out over the day, instead of all at once?
[/quote]

Ah, we spread it out over the day as an attempt to match the cycle of the mitochondria. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic