LongevityWhat is your monthly longevity and healthspan budget

canadahealthy

What is your monthly longevity and healthspan budget

Post by canadahealthy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:37 pm

I am just curious what people are willing to pay for a longer healthspan and lifespan.

Gym memberships count, vitamins, supplements, special components like NMN, Resveratrol, NAD+ and diet choices.

I think when i add up all my choices, I am looking at around $200. That doesn't seem like much for things that actually work.

I am just wondering what others are thinking.

OzSport

Re: What is your monthly longevity and healthspan budget

Post by OzSport » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:11 pm

canadahealthy wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:37 pm
I am just curious what people are willing to pay for a longer healthspan and lifespan.

Gym memberships count, vitamins, supplements, special components like NMN, Resveratrol, NAD+ and diet choices.

I think when i add up all my choices, I am looking at around $200. That doesn't seem like much for things that actually work.

I am just wondering what others are thinking.
Yeah, I would say I'm in the same ballpark, excluding groceries. Gym membership is about $600 a year so when you divide that by month, it's not that much (assuming you use it!). For groceries, I reckon if you eat sensibly and stick to good nutrition, price tag shouldn't be too dear (for example, I don't go all out organic but if the organic stuff looks better quality / fresher, then I'll get it). :)
drkris69

Post by drkris69 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am

Id say 250 to 300 per month. Not that bad of a price to pay to look pretty!
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 am

Having halved the amount of meat I consume, and given the price of decent meat in the UK, I view this as an ongoing saving. Having bought a decent exercise bike (similar to what I used in the gym), I'm now thinking of buying some weights and then giving up the gym membership as that would pay for itself within a couple of years.
Adding the NMN, NAD+ Resveratrol, and other vitamin supplements on its own should then bring the monthly cost nicely below $200, but otherwise I think you are about right with your costings.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Yes if we take intermittent fasting into account, where i miss roughly 20 meals per month, that is going to lower your costs.

$200 - $250 is a nice figure, I think.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:13 pm

I guess when i take the fasting into account.. i am under $200 per month, which really isn't bad at all.

I think it is good to post this. I mean considering what we are doing for ourselves, this is peanuts.
Taking:
Resveratrol 400mg since June 2019; 600mg since October 1; 800mg since January 2020
NMN Sublingual 250mg since june 2019 500mg since September 2019
NAD+ Nasal, appx 100mg per day since September 2019; 200mg per day beginning mid November
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:06 pm

I am close to US$300 per month in spend but also take into account food supplements such as Hydrolyzed Collagen, Broccoli Sprout Powder.

When I compare it against pain, discomfort, medical costs for treatments and drugs from family and friends who find what I do funny (and expensive) - I still win!
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:10 am

I think you are right on the nose at 200-300 per month. Some will spend more during acute care but then drop back to this average.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:32 pm

It's funny, i used to budget maybe $50 per month for vitamins or health products, looking at them as something akin to a utility. But this is a good thread. I am in the $125-$150 range overall, but it is nice to set a standard.

My eldest sister has subscribed to a wellness product that is 100% fake. It makes me very upset because she has already shelled out a lot of money for one sales pitch.. and she is a difficult person to begin with, she wouldn't take my advice.

But there needs to be a better standard.

Companies with evidence based products shown to actually improve health in very specific ways are all but forbidden to talk about it. And in the same industry (think Kevin Trudeau) other companies spend all their research on marketing... selling bullsh**.
Male, 41
no i don't smoke :)

taking:
NAD+ nasal since August 15, 2019
NMN powder, 125 mg per day; 625 per day since Oct 1, 2019
Resveratrol 600mg, since September 15, 2019
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:59 am

I'd like to think that as anti-aging becomes more mainstream, the cost of our most expensive supplements (i.e. NMN and NAD+) would come down substantially, (as these are natural substances so no-one can slap a patent on them), and so we should benefit from economies of scale and competition driving prices lower. Therefore coming back into maybe a $50 to $100 range for all supplements (less savings from eating less meat etc) should be achievable in the next decade.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic