NMNThe magic 500mg threshold :)

smokinjoe
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:24 am

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by smokinjoe » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:55 am

rhett wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:25 am
Another interesting point in the latest Dr Sinclair interview with Rhonda Patrick, he mentioned that there may be a minimum dose needed to overcome the liver's ability to metabolize nmn as it comes in. So if the liver can only metabolize 250mg (a guess) then anything above that will get sent out into the bloodstream. This could account for the "threshold" effect that so many people have noticed. Below the threshold and your liver just eats it all up.
That is likely why we mostly get it sublingually.. i think it largely bypasses the liver this way.


Male, 41
no i don't smoke :)

taking:
NAD+ nasal since August 15, 2019
NMN powder, 125 mg per day; 625 per day since Oct 1, 2019
Resveratrol 600mg, since September 15, 2019
Newage
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by Newage » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:03 am
I havent decided if I buy into the whole take two days off regimen. We have been playing with this for about 30 days now on several people and have not shown any significant changes. I will continue to let you know as we produce data from this experiment.
The threshold appears to be real and does not seem to change much for each person. As more studies are complete I think we will understand this mechanism more. However, I do hear many of you talking about either or scenarios. I think the current research shows that we should probably be taking both NAD and a precursor in order to get superior results. They each work on different chemical cascades and can influence physiology in different ways. Please keep this in the back of your mind as you develop your regimen.
A final thought for anyone new to NMN is that do not take this product before sleep. It will alter your sleep cycle and keep you awake. I have found that I have about a 4 hours window between last dose and the ability to fall asleep.
Totally agree Drdavid
Taking NMN late in the day effects my sleep significantly so my last daily dose is no later than 3pm.
NAD+ seems to be a “totally different kettle of fish” and with me, aids and promotes sleep.
Are you finding the same comparisons with your patients? :idea:
Drdavid
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by Drdavid » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Yes with both patients and my personal regimen. NMN will keep me awake but NAD helps me sleep. I havent figured out the pathway yet but if anybody has any ideas I would like to hear them
FitandHealthyinAZ
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:16 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 pm

This topic is most enlightening. Firstly, the brain is a powerful tool and like Newage, I just haven't seemed to age mentally since hitting 50 and my body has responded in kind. Second, as with all supplements I take, I space them throughout the day so my body can process just that dosage. With respect to my NMN intake, currently, I take 125mg of the pure NMN powder every 2 hours beginning at 8am with my last dosage at 6pm. There are some very solid arguments for starting your NMN regimen at a low dose however if a dose is too low to be effective you may simply be wasting time and money. I started in March of this year at 500mg and 90 days later upped that to 625mg. 120 day after that, I added another 125mg for a total of 750mg per day. The way my body is responding leads me to believe that at 750mg daily I am enjoying the full benefit of NMN. Hence the magic threshold for me is 750mg.
Drdavid
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by Drdavid » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:20 am

FitandHealthyinAZ wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 pm
This topic is most enlightening. Firstly, the brain is a powerful tool and like Newage, I just haven't seemed to age mentally since hitting 50 and my body has responded in kind. Second, as with all supplements I take, I space them throughout the day so my body can process just that dosage. With respect to my NMN intake, currently, I take 125mg of the pure NMN powder every 2 hours beginning at 8am with my last dosage at 6pm. There are some very solid arguments for starting your NMN regimen at a low dose however if a dose is too low to be effective you may simply be wasting time and money. I started in March of this year at 500mg and 90 days later upped that to 625mg. 120 day after that, I added another 125mg for a total of 750mg per day. The way my body is responding leads me to believe that at 750mg daily I am enjoying the full benefit of NMN. Hence the magic threshold for me is 750mg.
It seems like this dose may be a sweet spot for you. In another forum there is a link to a study that talks about a dose given to mice of 300mg/kg/day and that it delayed aging in organs, immune, eyes and bones.
Newage
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by Newage » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:18 pm
Yes with both patients and my personal regimen. NMN will keep me awake but NAD helps me sleep. I havent figured out the pathway yet but if anybody has any ideas I would like to hear them
Drdavid
Hopefully, the sometime stimulating effect of the NMN will be offset by the mellowing action of the NAD+ when taken together throughout the day.. :idea:
User avatar
nettlesbe
Site Admin
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:38 am

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by nettlesbe » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:45 pm

I have also found NAD+ before bed helps me sleep better. In particular, I get more deep sleep, according to my oura ring.

Dr Matthew Walker shares fascinating info on sleep - how important it is for health, and how to improve it. As important as exercise and diet. Really spurred me to focus on that.

https://peterattiamd.com/matthewwalker1/

Anyways, he describes the buildup of adenosine throughout the day as a key driver for sleep.

I've been reading research that shows one of the main pathways of NAD+ in the blood is breakdown by CD38 to adenosine, which is then taken up by cells to form ATP.

For proof in humans, look no further than the recent study of single dose IV in humans (chart below).

https://alivebynature.com/nad-iv-increa ... in-humans/

Note the ADPR (adenosine) is increased 400%.

We have people testing NAD+ before sleep to see if it hurts or helps.

Humans naturally have 2 spikes in NAD+ levels - around noon and midnight. It certainly makes sense to try and match the natural circadian rythym.

Image
Newage
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by Newage » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. NAD+ seems to enhance my sleep where NMN with me, has a stimulating effect. :shock:
vandan
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 pm

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by vandan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Drdavid wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:20 am
FitandHealthyinAZ wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 pm
This topic is most enlightening. Firstly, the brain is a powerful tool and like Newage, I just haven't seemed to age mentally since hitting 50 and my body has responded in kind. Second, as with all supplements I take, I space them throughout the day so my body can process just that dosage. With respect to my NMN intake, currently, I take 125mg of the pure NMN powder every 2 hours beginning at 8am with my last dosage at 6pm. There are some very solid arguments for starting your NMN regimen at a low dose however if a dose is too low to be effective you may simply be wasting time and money. I started in March of this year at 500mg and 90 days later upped that to 625mg. 120 day after that, I added another 125mg for a total of 750mg per day. The way my body is responding leads me to believe that at 750mg daily I am enjoying the full benefit of NMN. Hence the magic threshold for me is 750mg.
It seems like this dose may be a sweet spot for you. In another forum there is a link to a study that talks about a dose given to mice of 300mg/kg/day and that it delayed aging in organs, immune, eyes and bones.
Can I asked why you stopped at 750 per day? Is it plausible that more may have had additional benefits not yet observed?
vandan
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 pm

Re: The magic 500mg threshold :)

Post by vandan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 pm

Newage wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 pm
I agree wholeheartedly. NAD+ seems to enhance my sleep where NMN with me, has a stimulating effect. :shock:
I am not following sorry. Isn't NAD+ just one step further down the metabolism pathway than NMN?

FYI - my finger and toe nails didn't harden until I started taking NAD+(know I can see a distinct thickening line after taking NAD+ for a few weeks - totally amazing ...any thoughts?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic